Match Report taken from

Cuala impressed in their 2-16 to 0-9 SFC2 Group 1 victory over Fingallians.

The Dalkey side, for whom Michael Fitzsimons made his return from injury, upped their game in the second half to move from 1-6 to 0-6 in front to run out comprehensive 13-point victors.

Niall O’Callaghan got Cuala’s first half goal when he took a pass from older brother Con before charging through on goal and cleverly rounding the keeper before finishing to the net.

It was the score that separated the sides at the interval in an otherwise even opening.

Dylan Staunton opened the scoring for Fingallians before Luke Keating, with a free, quickly equalized. That was the nature of the opening half as neither side enjoyed too long a period of dominance.

Staunton added a second point before the break while Shane Howard struck two fine points for the Swords side for whom Killian Power did well at midfield.

On the start to the second half Con O’Callaghan, who scored 0-5 (0-1f) overall, took the game by the scruff to kick two excellent points. Keating added a third as Cuala began to move up a gear.

The Dalkey men were 1-11 to 0-6 clear when Fingallians were presented with a goal opportunity but Staunton’s effort clipped the outside of the post.

Keating made sure for Cuala when he goaled with ten minutes to go and when Conor Mullally added a point the southsiders were 2-13 to 0-7 in front.

Oisín Lynch kicked two points for Fingallians before the finish with Cuala sub Cathal O Giollain making an immediate impact with two late scores himself.

On Saturday Niall Scully hit 0-5 as Templeogue Synge Street defeated Nh Mearnog 0-13 to 0-8 with Shane Carthy doing well for the Portmarnock men in their SFC Group 2 clash at Balgriffin.

The sides were level, 0-5 each at half-time, but through Scully and the O’Gara brothers, Eoghan and Killian, Synger improved in the second period.

Comac Howley kicked 1-5 and Stephen Harford struck two goals as Round Tower Lusk defeated St Pat’s of Palmerstown 4-18 to 0-6 in their SFC2 Group 3 clash in St Margaret’s.