https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png 0 0 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2011-10-06 20:45:222013-02-14 13:11:00Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons,
Time of the year for the Family Fun Day , training switch to All-Weather pitches and locating those Halloween Masks!
- The Under 13 Girls (1998s) overcame Robert Emmets in their final group game of the Division 1 football championship on Saturday. They now top their group and qualify for the Semi Finals, likely to be on Saturday 15th. A strong and determined finish to an epic game in the Meadow Vale rain saw the Cuala girls kick 4 points in the last 10 minutes to carve out a one point win and secure a place amongst the top four teams in Dublin for the second year running. Well done to each and every one of the girls in the 98s squad.
- The Cuala Ladies Minors bow out of the Division 1 Championship with their heads held high. On a very wet afternoon in Marlay Park, they played with great spirit and dominated completely in the first half, with a scoreline of 1-4, 4-1 at half time. Ballinteer recovered from the shock in the second half and fought back admirably. The game was played with skill, shocks & scares but always very sportingly from both sides. To lose by one point was harsh on the Cuala girls, who had played their hearts out, but they must take great pride in their wonderful performance. Hard Luck Girls!
- It was wins all round last Saturday for the U16 Hurlers, the A’s beat Kilmacud Crokes 0-14 to 2-4 after extra time progress to the SemiFinal of their Championship while the U16B’s bet St Finians of Swords 4-15 to 3-5 to progress to their Championship Semi Final. This weekend it football action and the A footballers are away to St Brigids and the B’s have a free weekend having been given a walkover by Lucan
- Minor A footballers playing Castleknock in championship on Sunday in Shankill at 11am. Castleknock had 5 players on the Dublin minor football squad that got to the All Ireland Final and Sunday’s match affords an opportunity to see how Cuala’s up and coming footballers fare out against the excellent Ciaran Kilkenny and his cohorts.
- Well done to our senior footballers who recorded a good win in championship over a hard working Erin’s Isle team. The lads are now in the last 16 as they attempt to go one step further than last year. Next up are St Brigids in O’Toole park Sat Oct 15th at 3.30. All support is needed.
- Good luck to our Junior Hurlers who play Ballinteer St Johns in the final of the Dublin B Championship next Sunday. There was a great write up on the semi final victory in last week’s Evening Herald and we hope that a big crowd will head to O’Toole Park for the 4pm throw in, after enjoying the Cuala Family Fun Day of course.
- New Physiotherapy Service for Cuala Members. Eoghan Breathnach and Michael Fitzsimons, both Charterered Physiotherapists,have arranged with the Club to provide a quality physiotherapy service to Cuala members at a special price. Read all about this great new service at https://cualagaa.ie/2011/10/cuala-physios-wont-rub-it-in/
- The Badminton sessions are back on again in the Hall, Monday nights from 9pm. All welcome, just show up and bring a racquet.
- The Cuala Family Fun Day this Sunday is one of the major club fundraising events each year. As usual, we need the support of all our members and friends to make this event a success. Firstly, we need items for sale and stall prizes for the day. These include: Cakes and bread, Bottles for the bottle stall, Toys in good condition, Household items, CD’s and DVD’s, Books and unwanted gifts. All items can be dropped to Cuala Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning. We also need your participation on the day by bringing the whole family, relatives and friends to support the event and maybe give an hour to help on a stall. The more help we have, the less time other members will have to spend on stalls. See you all on Sunday.
- This year there will also be our very own Puc Fada competition for all different age groups taking place on and around the main pitch. Check the club website closer to the time for details of the times for each group.
- The Cuala Shop has just received delivery of over 150 quality crafted adult and juvenile hurleys from the top hurley makers in the country. There is a selection of sizes from size 18 up to 36 inch in a variety of styles including Star (29″-35″), O’Brien (28″-33″) Brian Gath (18″-28″). Buying in the Cuala shop can save you up to 10 euro per hurley as there is no delivery charges and even more important you get to choose the hurley that suits you best. Hurry while stocks last.
- As we have mentioned in recent weeks, the Cuala Weekly Newsletter is now “sent” from the website and also appears there. Here is the link to subscribe to it : https://cualagaa.ie/newsletters/ .Please circulate to those in your age group who you think would be interested in receiving the Newsletter.
- The Cuala Coaching Department, in conjunction with Dublin GAA Games Development, are holding a Foundation Award Coaching course on 13, 14 & 15 October in Cuala. Places on the course are limited to 20.Book at Cualacoaching@live.ie or contact any of the coaching team.For further information on this or other courses see http://www.dublingaagamesdevelopment.ie/coach-education-programme/foundation-award
- Adult section still looking for volunteers to help run teams and the section. Former players, armchair managers, games aficionados , administrators are all welcome. Please contact
Hurling: Eddie Gough, email@example.com
Football: Ciaran Irwin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- There was a mobile phone left in the Cuala bar on All-Ireland final Sunday. If you have lost this phone call 087-2345393.
All for this week – slán.