https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2015-01-23 11:41:052015-01-23 11:41:05Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons,
Belated Happy New Year and about time I suppose to resume the Newsletter:
- The annual Cuala Awards and Social night is on Saturday 31st January with hot food buffet and entertainment till late. Mark the calendar and book the babysitter now, because this year we’re , again, putting the emphasis on the social side of the night and want to see even more partners, wives and husbands there than last year. You can collect your tickets from Orla and Damian in the bar on Thursday night 8.30 till 9 p.m. & Saturday morning 10:00 to 10:30 a.m.
- The lotto wasn’t won so next week’s jackpot will be €2500. Our three €50 lucky dip winners were Sheila Wallace, Zita McDermot and Niamh O Connor. Tickets for next week’s draw can be bought online at https://cualagaa.ie/lotto.
- Save the date :- An Evening with GAA Greats, in aid of Cuala GAA and RESPECT. On 27th March 2015 there will a spectacular black tie event in Croke Park to celebrate all that is great in GAA. More details to follow soon.
- The 2009 Boys and Girls are having a ‘Bring a Friend’ Day in the Cuala Hall Hyde Road Sat 31st January at 9am – It’s free fun for anyone who can invite a pal to come along! Ken Fitzgerald our resident coach has flyers going out to some schools next week and will be there himself.
- The Academy is nearly out of jerseys and about to order 700 new jerseys that will cover the next 2 years – We are currently actively seeking donations / sponsors that may be interested in partnering with the Academy and if anyone knows anyone who may be interested please contact Mick Murray or drop us an email here.
- Juvenile Girls and Boys are having their registration day this Saturday 24th January in the Cuala bar. The girls section are manning it from 10 – 12p.m. and the boys 12 – 2pm. Each section will of course take registrations on behalf of the other so it gives parents a wider window to come down and register. We will be encouraging on-line payments as a first option.
- Congratulations to the 2004 Boys for a terrific performance in the John Humphreys memorial football cup over the Christmas break, where they came 3rd out of a variety of north and south side clubs. This was a tournament played on the 27th and 28th of December, the weekend after Christmas day, and it was bitterly cold. The Cuala boys battled hard and played some fantastic football on the first day, beaten only by Castleknock in the group stages. They earned enough points to make it through to the semi-finals the next day where in the end Cuala ended up facing off against Castleknock again to see who would take 3rd place. This time round lessons of the previous encounter were learned and Cuala prevailed in a thrilling match.
Roll on 2015.