The evening kicked off to a good start with a hot après training meal being provided by Brid Sheanon. Brian Mullally player welfare co-ordinator, gave a brief overview of how the player welfare forum would proceed and how it was envisaged that the role would expand and welcomed contributions from players and mentors alike.
There then followed five excellent presentations, followed by a question and answer session.
- Willie Braine gave an update on the strength and conditioning programme.
- Michael Fitzsimons our nominated Adult football physiotherapist gave a rundown on injury prevention, treatment and rehab.
- Zita McDermott provided an insight into how to handle a claim in relation to the GAA Insurance scheme.
- Dr. Barbara Kearns gave a presentation on General Health, Mental Health and Addiction issues.
- Ailish McLaughlin concluded the presentations by giving an insight into how the correct Nutrition is vital in preparing sportspeople to compete at their optimum level.
Mikie Sheanon Football Chairman closed the evening by thanking all the players for attending and gave special thanks to all the presenters who had made the event so worthwhile.
We intend to work on the momentum gained by last nights event, it is intended to update the Web site regularly and most importantly this initiative is there to support our players in any way we can.