https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2013-06-20 22:31:232013-06-20 22:31:23Cuala Weely News
Hello Cuala Patrons
The Adult teams are in full swing and now promoting personal grooming too. Don’t say Cuala doesn’t set new standards:
- U14 A (div 1) hurlers had an excellent 6 point win last Friday evening away to St. Vincents. The players had to endure poor weather conditions but played magnificently and thoroughly deserved their win.
- Final reminder for the Recycling Day on this Saturday June 22nd at Thomastown. This is an important fundraiser for the Juvenile Boys section with details on the website on what will be accepted – books, old mobile phones, textiles, shoes, soft toys, belts and more….We also have a special collection point at the Cuala Hall, Hyde Rd, for Academy parents attending the Mini All Ireland. Old Cuala gear or equipment will be accepted at both locations, separately bagged, for internal recycling back to the Academy.
- This could get a bit Hairy! The Adult Hurlers are having have a Hot Wax and BBQ night on the 6th July. The night kicks off at 8pm (after the Crokes game in Hyde Park, which is scheduled for 6:30pm). The event involves sponsoring the Hot Waxing of players and if you’re there on the night you can even perform the duties on your favourite player. Please sponsor a player for €10 and if you want to help, or even get revenge, you can wax the player of your choice for an additional €5.
- The Cuala shop will be going on summer break after this Saturday the 22nd of June until mid August. We will be open during the summer camps and if you any teams or mentors need items during the summer please contact either Ann Maire Kennedy or Nuala McAdam.
- A Fantastic weekend for our Adult footballers last weekend, with 4 teams being fielded for the first time, and to top it all off none of the teams were beaten. On Saturday our Senior footballers kept their promotion drive going when they were held by Round Towers to a draw, much credit to John Sheanon who had a fantastic game. Then it Father’s day it was the turn of out Junior teams , all 3 of which won in their respective championships. First up were the Junior A team who beat Templeogue away. Next up were the Junior C championship team , who went out to Parnells and came away with a great win. Finally there was the newly formed team, the Junior D championship team, playing their first match beat St Maurs. Reports for all games https://cualagaa.ie/adults/adult-football/ .
For all teams to come through the weekend unbeaten was a great achievement and all 4 teams had some heroic displays. From John Sheanon’s tour de force on Sat night , to Dylan Kennedys excellent wing forward play on Sunday morning, to the bravery of the younger players out in Parnells to the boundless enthusiasm shown by the 4th team on Sunday afternoon. Thanks to the 84 different players who togged out over the weekend and finally special mention also to Enda McGowan who seemed to be involved with all junior teams at the weekend ( even though 2 of them were playing at the same time !!! ).
- Good Luck to Cuala’s 5 representatives Sean Treacy, Andrew Murphy, Jack Behan, Jake Malone and Con O’Callaghan on the Dublin Minor Hurling Panel as they face Kilkenny in the Leinster Semi Final this Saturday in Parnell Park at 3pm.
- A 3-a-side World Cup soccer tournament is being organised for this year’s Under 21s on Saturday 6th July starting at 9.30am. Registration is €10 per player and is limited to 32 teams. The deadline for registering a team is Wednesday 3rd July. Games will be played across the pitch in the cage with the final at 3pm. There will be a break to watch the Lions third test against Australia at 11am followed by a barbecue in the afternoon. Great prizes including a meal for three in the Club Bar, Dalkey are up for grabs. Please register your three players and your preferred country on this page or to email@example.com or to Ronan Murdock.
- Minors are running a draw with first prize 2 flights anywhere in Europe, 2nd prize €200. Tickets are a €5 from Brendan Stanley.
All for this week