https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Feile-Winners.jpg 537 795 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Webmaster2013-04-18 23:12:492014-02-15 23:55:41Cuala Weekly News
This week’s packed newsletter brings you a Fabulous Féile, Magnificent Minors and Dads in Denial. We cater for everyone in Cuala, don’t you know.
- Congratulations to our 1999 Girls who were the toast of Dalkey on Sunday night after bringing home the Girl’s Football Feile trophy to the club. After winning three of their four group matches on Saturday they faced the only team to beat them, O’Dwyers in the Division three final at Fingallians on Sunday. Saturday lessons became Sunday intelligence as they ran out 1-06 to 0-03 winners sparking delight across the club.
- The girls were simply superb both on and off the field.They are a credit to their parents and Club, and as Maria O’Sullivan and Orla Dunne said ‘We are very proud of them.” There are lots of photos and match reports on the Cuala website and facebook page but the mentors would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to all the good Cuala folk for their support. Great team, great mentors and well done to all.
- It is sometimes easier for boys to stay together on teams but there is no resin why that should not be the case for girls as well and the strength of the Juvenile Girls section and the way the graduates at Minor and Adult are performing is a credit to the hard work that is going into our own ‘equal opportunities’ approach.
- Congratulations Con O’Callaghan, Cillian Sheanon and Martin Cahalin who were part of the Dublin Minor team that beat Louth to win the Leinster title on Saturday and now have their sights set on bringing more All Ireland glory back to the club.
- Well done also to the U15A Footballers who turned around their season in a full blooded match against previously unbeaten Ballymun at Kickham Park on Sunday morning. The lead changed hands more times than a hot stone before the lads emerged winners by 2-11 to 4-04 securing the two vital points in the last two minutes. There is a full match report on the website.
- The U14A Footballers also had a good win against table topping Lucan as they gear up for their Féile to be hosted in Thomastown on the first weekend in May.
- Hard luck to the lads in U16 Championship action on Saturday. High scoring games and a brave effort but just beaten.
- Hard luck also to the senior footballers who went down to a late goal against St Peregrines. Better news for the second and third teams though with wins over Civil Service and Naomh Fionbarra respectively. Strength in depth is always a good thing.
- There was a good ten point win for the Minor Footballers in Division One action against Castleknock on Sunday.
- The Minor Hurlers have a big double header at Shankhill next Sunday against St Vincents and Crumlin. If that whets your appetite you can then drop by Thomastown where the U15 Hurlers take on last year’s national Féile Champions St Brigids at 11.30. The Senior Hurlers are in action on Monday 22nd in a rearranged fixture against St Judes. Check out all the main fixtures each weekend on the website in our new Calendar section.
- The Cuala Bar is now equipped with Sky Sports and all members are welcome to join us for all the big events over the coming weeks. Where better than watching great sport among friends?
- And if you are a Dad who hankers for the old days of surging runs, magnificent points and stunning goals, go on and risk the reality of those memories being exposed and join us in Gaelic 4 Dads on Friday nights. I’m busy this week but the boots are itching to make a comeback…
- Deadline for ticket applications from members to see Dublin and Tyrone in the National League Division One final is this Sunday.
- Lastly for this week if you have brains to spare, there is a quiz night in the club tonight, Friday 19th in aid of the Oatlands College Zambia Immersion Project.
- Remember if you don’t see your team or group in any of our communications through Facebook, twitter, this newsletter, in the local media or anywhere else, chances are that we haven’t been told about it. Send any scraps of information, news, fixtures, reports or feedback to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see what we can do.
Have a great weekend.