Hello Cuala Patrons
Well its Féile weekend again so ,if you can, wander up to Thomastown and enjoy the spectacle. Also check out the marvelous post on the website. I’ve already received feed-back from the other clubs complimenting us on the excellent Féile preparations and sense of céad míle fáilte. In the end, its what its all about:
- The Under 12 Boys (2000s) host a hurling tournament in Thomastown from 1030 to 3pm on Bank Holiday Monday May 7th. Teams will travel from Galway, Kildare, Wicklow and Kilkenny to join 2 teams from Cuala and other Dublin clubs. A total of 11 teams will take part in what promises to be an exciting and enjoyable day of hurling. Drop in if you’re passing Thomastown on Monday.
- All eyes next weekend are on the Dublin Féile. Cuala will host one group in Division Two, welcoming Raheny, Crokes and Catleknock to Thomastown. Our two other teams are on the road to Swords and Kilmacud. We would ask that the club members support the lads as much as they can at whichever of the three venues is easiest for them. The group matches take place at 10.30, 11.30 and 12.30.
- Well done to the Ladies Minor team who had a great win over Foxrock Cabinteely at Kilbogget Park on Friday evening.
- Under 15 A footballers had a very good 3-11 to 1-10 victory against a physically bigger Fingallians team in Division 1 last Sunday. James Bailey excelled at full forward and came in with scoring figures of 1-9. Good wins also for all three U14 football teams as they prepared for next week’s Feile as well as for the U13 and U12 footballers. The U14 and U13 Camogie teams recorded good wins over Castleknock and Crokes.
- Good wins over the weekend for the U16 Footballers who beat St Sylvesters in their A Championship quarter final; They now face the formidable Na Fianna on Monday at 12 o’clock in Johnstown Park.
- Dublin minor hurlers commence their Leinster campaign against Wexford in Parnell Park this coming Saturday at 2pm. Cuala have 5 players involved. Best of luck to Cian O’Callaghan,Colm Cronin,Ros Tierney,Sean Treacy and Jack Behan. Cian has been appointed captain of the team for the coming season.
- Cuala Minors are in Hurling action this weekend the A’s are away to St. Brigids and the B’s face St Peregrines at home in Shankill at 11am.
- Ticketing arrangements of the Minor section’s Major fundraiser “The Legend of Luke Kelly” are on the Cuala website ( https://cualagaa.ie/2012/04/the-legend-of-luke-kelly-tickets-now-available-on-line/ ) it’s on Friday May 18th at 8:30 All Cuala members and supporters are asked to make a special effort to come along and support the lads in their fundraising initiative.
- Well done to the Senior Hurlers who scored a good nine point victory over Lucan Sarsfields in the Championship on Saturday. The Junior A hurlers led for most of the game against Castleknock on Saturday evening but just fell short at the end. Our Minor A footballers played out a hard fought draw with Na Fianna. The Junior footballers are in Action on Thursday night at Hyde Road while the Minor hurlers are back in action next weekend.
All for this week