https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/web_sliothar_branded.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2012-06-07 20:42:262014-02-16 00:20:57Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons,
Good luck to all doing exams – for once the weather is awful. Consequently, slow week on the match front for several of the juveniles sections:
- Thanks to all who helped out in Women’s Mini Marathon. Cuala had a great turn-out especially from the juvenile and minor sections but we could have done with more adults. It was a day of hard work and great fun. Pictures on the website and well done to all the (very thirsty) runners who completed the course.
- Well done also to the Cuala Gaelic4Mothers who played a challenge match in Meadowvale against Foxrock/Cabinteely Gaelic4mothers, Cuala had a convincing win in what was a competitive match! G4M are running their annual Mini All Ireland in June, running the same week as the Academy MAI and are looking for ladies to take part . Beginners very welcome. If you might be interested please contact Fran at 087-9942389
- The Cuala county men , Mick Fitzsimons, David Treacy and Oisin Gough all played their parts to great effect in two great Dublin wins over the weekend in the Quarter Finals of the Leinster Senior Football and Hurling Championships. Big one for the hurlers on 23rd june against Kilkenny in Portlaoise
- Cuala is pleased to welcome the Bombay Pantry on board as sponsors of the Cuala / SSIP Summer Camps to run through July at Thomastown and Hyde Road. Before that we have Eurospar in Dalkey on board as the principal sponsors of our Academy Mini All Ireland which will take place in the coming weeks.
- Well done to the U14B Hurlers who won their top of the table clash with St Maurs in Rush on Friday night, scoring an impressive 6-09. They now sit clear at the top of Division 5.
- We are looking for volunteers to help out with work on the dressing rooms and steps at Hyde Road ahead of our hosting the national Féile. Work will take place next Friday and Saturday 8th and 9th June. Please advise the club Chairman Peadar McAdam if you are able to help.
- The Adult Hurling section is hosting a midsummer hog roast with all sorts of side attractions on offer on Saturday June 16th. Details of tickets and all the rest are available on the website.
- We have reached the half-way point in the Sportsprophet prediction competition. A lot of events concluded in May, The English Premiership, F.A. cup, Heineken Cup, Champion’s league and the World Snooker championship bringing many changes to the leaderboard. Dave Hudson has been overtaken by his son Adam on top. Adam actually is eighth overall on the All-Ireland leaderboard. Cuala are the leading club countrywide with an average points score of 24. It’s nice to see us ahead of Ballyboden for the second time in a week ! June-September , with the three golf majors, Wimbledon , Euro 2012, The Olympics and the All-Ireland hurling and football Championships will provide plenty of opportunities for those languishing at the wrong end of the board to catch up. Pay up if you haven’t already done so.
All for this week