https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_cuala_online_new.jpg 300 300 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2012-05-31 20:42:122014-02-16 00:20:57Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons,
Its almost the summer break and time for the exams to start so the sun should be out soon :
- Good luck to all those facing into the Junior and Leaving Certs.
- In preparation for Cuala hosting the upcoming National Feile in early July, we are proposing to undertake work on the Hyde Park dressing rooms, steps and surrounding area. This work will be carried out on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th June by Cuala volunteers. If you can help, contact Peadar Mc Adam 087-2345393. We are proposing to carry out work on the Cuala Sports Centre over the summer months. This work will be carried out by a building contractor. If you are a suitably qualified Cuala member and interested in participating in the tender process contact Peadar Mc Adam 087-2345393 before Thursday 7th July.
Over the next few weeks we will be sanding and spiking our pitches in Thomastown and Hyde Park, although there will be sand on the pitches, it is acceptable to continue playing matches and training after this work is carried out.
- We are missing county flags from the recent Feile events ! 7 flags seem to have gone walk about ! Please, please return to Cuala bar as soon as you can as we need these for July National Feile .
- The Coaching Dept are delighted to announce ‘The Bombay Pantry’ as this year’s sponsor for the Cuala / SSIP Summer Camps. This year’s camps take place throughout the month of July in Dalkey (6-12yrs) and Thomastown (Advanced 13-15). The camp application forms are available online and a discount is available if completed forms are received by 18th June. Applications for the positions of coaches / Assistant Coaches and Trainee Coaches are now available on line. If you are interested in applying for one of the Coaching positions, please make sure that you complete ALL the relevant forms and return them to Cuala office by 18th June.
- The Feile Camogie team and mentors thank all those in the Juvenile Girls section and the club as a whole who put in a superb effort at hosting the 8 teams in the Dublin Division 2 Feile in Thomastown last Saturday. In bright sunshine, it was a feast of camogie – whilst the Cuala girls were disappointed to leave the competitiom at the group stage they still did the club proud with their efforts both on the day and in their preparations. They move on now to the National Camogie Feile in early July. Thanks also to the Juvenile boys section for allowing the Thomastown pitches to recover before the event.
- The Adult Hurling Section will be holding a Mid Summer Hog Roast on June 16th in Dalkey at 8pm. Succulent Spit Roasted Pig Served with Apple or BBQ sauce Stuffing & Crispy Crackling is the feature of the night and there will also be an extensive selection of various other side orders. There will be music, Euro 2012 match shown on Big Screen and drinks promotions on the night. Tickets cost €20 and can be purchased through any adult hurler. See the Cuala website for further details.
- Final word to the Junior Footballers, who had a great league win last Tuesday v Templeogue 2-9 to 1-9. It was a fine committed effort from a young team up against a much bigger and more physical outfit. Well done to all involved.
All for this week – enjoy the long weekend