https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png 0 0 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2011-06-09 20:39:522014-02-15 23:53:42Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons,
Good luck to all sitting their exams over the coming weeks:
- Cuala Senior Hurlers and Lucan Sarsfields served up an exciting Boland Cup game on Wednesday evening at Shankill Park. Cuala won the match 1-18 to 2-12. Having chosen to play with a strong breeze, Cuala had to work hard to contain a purposeful Lucan side and after 24 minutes Cuala only lead by a single point. However, a strong finish to the half saw Cuala score 4 unanswered points to leave them leading by 5 points at the interval. Many of the crowd thought that the half-time lead might prove insufficient given the conditions and when Lucan scored the first 3 points in as many minutes of the second half, the game was truly in the balance. It was now that Cuala showed their character and grit, working tirelessly for each other to outscore the opposition by six points to two over the next 20 minutes – Cuala lead by 1-16 to 1-10, a sufficient cushion to survive a late Lucan goal. The whole Cuala team rose to the challenge, playing with intensity and commitment. Shane Kiely, at centre back for Cuala, gave an exhibition of hurling organising and driving the team on – while contributing 8 points to the score-line. Stephen Butler was commanding in goal, the backs worked tirelessly and there was a good spread in the Cuala scorers. A very successful evening of hurling!
- Cuala Adult Camogie Fundraising and a chance to clear out the closets. We want your old clothes, shoes, household linen, blankets and curtains. How? Bring your unwanted items in bags to Cuala Clubhouse on Tuesday 14th June between 6pm and 9pm and/or Wednesday, 15th June between 4pm and 5.30pm . Please note: all items must be clean. Contacts:Máire: 087-2797090 or Pamela: 086 -8594326.
- Leinster SHC Dublin v Galway – Saturday 18th June 2011 O’Connor Park, Tullamore – 7pm. Please place your order for match tickets by either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or text to the Cuala Ticket Order Line at 087-9019043 by 5pm next Saturday 11th June. Stand – €25, Terrace – €15, FAMILY TICKETS: Stand: Adults €25 Children €5 each; Terrace: Adults €15 Children €3 each
- The Coaching Department have organised the tour of the Dublin Players and National Hurling League cup to the schools and to the club. Please find attached the timetable for the tour. The Players and the Cup will be visiting the club this Saturday at the following times:
- Academy: 9.45am in the field.
- Academy: 10.30am in the hall.
- Juvenile Section: 5.00pm in the hall.
- We would ask all players / Parents / mentors and friends of Cuala to attend. Now is the time to get your photo / authograph with the players and the Cup.
- That time of year again – coming to the end of the school year or more positively the start of the summer. What better way to celebrate than a CUALA CHARITY NIGHT. Live DJ and dancing till late. The date in question is Saturday June 18TH. Full Bar – Tickets only €10. All proceeds to Breast Cancer Awareness. We had a fantastic night last year but hope to build on that and have an even better response this year. To do that we need your support. You can contact Sharon Slowey on 087 1250620 to organise tickets. This night is not only open to Cuala patrons/members so get your friends and/or family involved.
- Due to popular demand, Summer-camp application form attached plus coaches application form.
- The Cuala Sports and Social Integration Project and the Coaching Department would like to thank all those who help out on the water station during the Ladies MIni Marathon at the RDS. Their watering and encouragement help over 40,000 women complete the marathon and raise much needed funds for many charities. Well done to all and many thanks:
- Lastly, a ring was lost in Thomastown last Friday of sentimental value. If anyone happened to find it please contact me or a team mentor.
All for this week.
Cuala Club Communications