Hello Cuala Patrons
Bit of March madness in several forms for you below, something for everyone, from purist to pugilist :
- It was a busy weekend for the juvenile girls with the commencement of the Football leagues and the second round of Camogie underway. Stars of the week are the under 13s who had 2 great wins beating Templeogue Synge Street in football on Saturday and gaining a second consecutive win in camogie against a strong Naomh Fionnbarra side on Sunday morning.
The 1998s started their camogie season with a fine win over Naomh Olaf in Meadowvale on Saturday. They followed this up on Sunday with a strong performance against Foxrock/Cabinteely in Kilbogett Park. Whilst Foxrock won in the end by 6 points, the team was delighted to close the gap with Foxrock who have consistently topped the Division 1 table over the past few years.Things are looking good for our Feile team of 2012.
Our U12s made a strong start to their Div 3 football campaign with victory over neighbours Foxrock/Cabinteely on Sunday; some strong individual performances, but overall it was a great team effort. Well done to all.
On Saturday the 2001 girls had two football teams playing at home to Fingallians. On Sunday the 2001s girls had two teams playing in a Camogie Blitz in Ballyboden against Ballyboden and Castleknock. The girls performed excellently in both the Football matches and the Camogie Blitzes.
Cuala under 10s have not yet commenced their leagues but on Saturday they had a friendly football blitz with Foxrock/Cabinteely in Meadowvale at the early start of 9.30am. 27 Caula girls took part which was a great turnout on this cold morning. The future looks bright for this group with so many participating.
- Comhghairdeas to Cuala U16s Katie O’Dea and Cybi NicGearailt who were members of the Coláiste Íosagáin camogie panel who won the All Ireland Senior D Colleges All Ireland final last weekend.
- The Minor Section created Club history by fielding 3 Minor Football teams last weekend and all 3 were emerged undefeated with the A’s beating St. Vincents, the B’s drew with Geraldine Morans and the C’s beating Kilmacud Crokes. This weekend the focus turns to Hurling and the A’s face Whitehall in Shankill on Sunday morning at 10.30 and the B’s take on O’Tooles away.
- The Club Fight Night takes place this coming Saturday. The training has been intense and so too has the sales effort. At this stage it looks likely the event will be completely sold out on Saturday night so get any remaining tickets as soon as you can.
- Now here’s the opportunity you all have been waiting for to show your appreciation for the efforts of our Fight Night contestants and to help them in their club fundraising endeavours. You can sponsor one or more boxers using our new on-line payment facility. It’s a great way to get involved – especially if you can’t make it on the night. Details on the web site at https://cualagaa.ie/2012/03/sponsor-a-boxer/ . Now we know this facility looks like we’ve got our hands on some of those e-voting machines but theres a difference. With our system you can ‘vote’ your support as often as you like.
- Some of you may be interested to know that the Croke Park are hiring . See the link below http://www.gaa.ie/about-the-gaa/mission-and-vision/employment-opportunities
- Don’t mind your Kildare villages – the March Madness right here in the Cuala Shop! Cuala Shop are having a March Madness Sale with clearance of old stock Many Items Half Price or Less for example Jackets €40.00 down to €15.00,Umbrella’s €25.00 down to €5.00, T-Shirts €28.00 down to €14.00,Manor Hoodies €35.00 down to €10.00.
- The Adult football season continues this weekend and to make it easy for you here are the fixtures.Supporters most welcome:
Erin’s Isle v Cuala Finglas 10/03/2012 16.15 Senior AFL2
Cuala v Clontarf Dalkey 11/03/2012 10:30 Junior AFL6
Na Fianna v Cuala Collinstown Lane 11/03/2012 12:00 Junior AFL
- Last Chance also to pit your wits against Des Cahill in the sports Prediction competition. Sign up at http://www.sportsprophet.ie and fill out your predictions. See if you can beat Des, closing date is Friday so do it quick !
- Dust of the dancing brogue. With St Patrick’s Day just around the corner don’t forget the Annual Family Ceilidh at the club on the night. Details will be on the website shortly but looks like 6:30 – 9pm on the 17th.
- I tried (and failed ) to upload some further detail on the IPMC medical offer available to Cuala members last week. Here it is in case you need more info. IPMC CualaGAA Letter Just follow the links.
Remember lots of good links to further information on the Cuala Website so check it out. Until next week – slán