Hello Cuala Patrons
Could that really be spring outside ? :
- The Cuala Strategic Review meeting will be held tomorrow night, Friday 2nd March in the Killiney Castle starting at 7pm. We welcome everyone to attend to come and give their views.
- The Under 14 (1998) girls represented the club brilliantly on and off the field on their trip to Galway last weekend. In both their football game on Saturday and camogie on Sunday, they withstood early pressure from the Salthill Knocknacarra girls but then exerted their authority in the second half to pull away for two good wins. The host club deserve great thanks for their efforts and they will be very welcome to make a return visit. The weekend was also full of fun, craic and good behaviour from our players … although some regular commuters on the 1805 from Galway to Dublin Heuston may take some time to recover from the experience !
- We wish the Cuala Ladies Minors luck as they start the 2012 season at home to St Brigids on Saturday next at 3pm.
- Last week both Minor Hurling teams had their first outing of the season. The A’s went down to a strong Kilmacud Crokes side in Stillorgan while the B’s bet Kilmacud Crokes B’s in Shankill in a great game. This weekend it’s the turn of the Footballers to make their season debut and for the first time ever Cuala will field 3 Minor Football teams. All matches are at home on Sunday at 11. The A’s take on Vincents, the B’s face Geraldine Patrick Morans both in Shankill while the C’s face Kilmacud Crokes in Hyde Road.
- Folks we have a major problem at Loreto. The conditions under which Cuala use this facility expressly forbid Cuala cars from driving in to the approach road to the pitch and convent. All parents dropping players to training should park on Harbour Road and walk in with the children to the pitch.The only exceptions to this rule are the team mentors who have to carry equipment. From Monday 26th February onward there will be signs at the junction to ‘remind’ people that the are not to drive down the approach road. Please observe or we are in danger of losing this facility.
- Adult Footballers are running a fundraiser – Last Man Standing
Round 1 – (Premiership fixtures 3-4 March)
Liverpool v Arsenal
Blackburn v Aston Villa
Man City v Bolton
QPR v Everton
Stoke v Norwich
West Brom v Chelsea
Wigan v Swansea
Newcastle v Sunderland
Fulham v Wolves
Tottenham v Man Utd
Rules are simple:
1.Pick a team from one of the above to win next weekend.
2.Send your choice to email@example.com
3.Give a tenner to John Sheanon
4.If your team wins you are through to the next round. Then you can pick a different team to win for the next round of matches.
5.The Last Man Standing will receive €100.
6. An updated list of Players and their chosen team is available here: Last Man Standing
- Ticket information for the Second Event of the Dublin Spring Series on Sunday 11th March in Croke Park.Tickets will be available for collection from 8.30pm – 10pm on Thursday 8th March in the Cuala Bar. All tickets must be paid for on the night.If you ordered a Three match Combo Ticket for the Spring Series you do not need to take any action as your next match tickets will be available for collection in Cuala on the 8th March. If you need single game tickets, for Dublin v Cork (Hurling) and Dublin v Armagh (Football) read on:
Stand – €13, Terrace – €13, FAMILY TICKETS: Adults €13 Children €5 each (Cusack and Davin stands only),Wheelchair Tickets: €13
For group passes- €3 per child, 1 adult free with every 10 children, additional adults €13
Please send your ticket orders BY 6PM ON SATURDAY 3rd MARCH to;
eMail Orders: firstname.lastname@example.org or Text Orders: 087-9019043
If you ordered a Three match Combo Ticket for the Spring Series you do not need to take any action as your next match tickets will be available for collection in Cuala on the 8th March.
- A big thank you to everyone for their efforts in paying and processing 2012 Annual Subscriptions. We’ve had a terrific response this year despite the difficult times we live in. If any manager/mentor still has payments to pass-on, please contact your local Games Registrar (heros all) immediately.
- IPMC is a brand new GP facility in the Beacon Court offering its services on a membership basis starting at €10 per month. For the month of March they are giving a no registration fee offer exclusively to all Cuala GAA members. Should you have any queries contact Tristan on 01-9056101.
All for this week.