Hello Cuala Patrons
Congratulations to our annual Award winners, Conor Gough as Young Hurler, Jack McCionnaith as Young Footballer , Leonie Buckley as Young Ladies Footballer of the Year, Ronan Murdock as Footballer of the year, Cliodhna Gillen as Ladies Footballer of the Year, Colmán O’Drisceoil as Hurler of the Year and webmaster himself Michael Goodwin, deserved winner of the Club person of the Year. Mikey Sheanon received a distinguished service award and Derek Dunne was named the Manager of the Year. Maith sibh go léir.
- Don’t forget the 1st and 2nd Year social in the Hall this Friday 8-11pm. Its a great night out for the youngsters in a fun and safe environment , tickets €10.
- The 1998 (Under 14) Girls have a serious winter of training behind them and will now get their Feile year into full swing with a trip to Galway this weekend. The Cuala girls will be playing Salthill Knocknacarra in Football on Saturday afternoon and then after a restful (!) night in their hostel will again play the Salthill girls in Camogie on Sunday morning. They will then cheer on the Dublin hurlers in Pearse Stadium before returning by train on Sunday evening. 24 girls will travel for what promises to be a fun and enjoyable weekend.
- Well deserved win for the under 15A footballers against Raheny on Sunday by 4-12 to 0-5. Tremendous display by the team’s captain Jack Lehart at full back. Peter McKeown and Niall O’Callaghan also deserve praise for thie efforts. This win came on the back of a defeat to Ballyboden the previous Wednesday on a scoreline of 7-10 to 3-5. Good workmanlike performance by our lads but well beaten on the day by a strong Boden team.
- This weekend sees the start of the Minor Hurling Leagues, it’s straight in at the deep end for lads as Cuala A’s and B’s will take on Kilmacud Crokes A’s and B’s. The A’s are away in Silver Park and the B’s are in Shankill both Matches throw in at 11.
- Parnell Park is the place for all the Dubs and Tipperary folk next Sunday (26th Feb) when Dublin begin their Irish Daily Star National Camogie League campaign with a visit from Tipperary. Throw in at 2-30pm.
- First league game for our Senior footballers in Dalkey this Sunday morning. Throw in is 10.30am in Dalkey versus Ballinteer St John’s. Please come down and support the lads who are training hard in preparation. The Junior 1 footballers are in action at 11am in Silver park versus local rivals Crokes, whilst our Junior 2 footballers entertain Clontarf in Dalkey at 3pm. All support welcome.
- The Hurling season will start the weekend after next and to make it easy for you here are the fixtures:
St Judes v Cuala Tymon North 04/03/2012 11:00 Senior AHL1
Faughs v Cuala Tymon North 04/03/2012 11:00 Junior AHL5
Cuala v Faughs Shankill 04/03/2012 15:00 Junior AHL7
- The Mick Holden Memorial Golf Classic (MHMGC) will be held this year at Glen of the Downs Golf Club on Friday, 20 April 2012. The occasion provides an opportunity for relatives, friends, colleagues and former team-mates of Mick to meet, chat, recall old memories and to celebrate Mick’s life. Previous MHMGCs have been great successes and very enjoyable occasions where people from the many strands of Mick’s life have met in a celebratory and friendly atmosphere.There is a heavy demand for golf team slots. If you wish to participate in the event please contact any of the individuals listed below:
Venue: Glen of the Downs Golf Club
Date: Friday 20 April, 2011, Tee Time, Shotgun Start at 14:00
Golf Team of 4: €300
Hole Sponsorship: €100
Corporate Team: €400 (includes hole sponsorship)
Please Contact :
Vinnie Holden 086 256 1453 email@example.com
Harry Roberts 086 255 0775 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Reidy 086 812 6912 email@example.com
Martin Doyle o87 241 0057 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Club strategy night takes place on Friday March 2nd.
- Cuala Fight Night on Saturday 10th March @ 8pm. 20 Cuala people are to step into the ring after 3 months of hard training. Tickets are €15 and are available from Cuala shop and office also from Zita McDermot, Lorraine Hayes and Mike Beirne. Check out our event on Facebook for details of who is fighting on the night. Also come along to the official weigh in on Sat 3rd March in the Cuala bar @ 8:30.
- The club offers our deepest condolences to Stephen Connolly and his family on the death of his father Tony, a stalwart of Carlow GAA down the years; and also to Nessa Maas on whose mother passed away this week in Tipperary.
That’s it for this week
Cuala Club Communications