https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_cuala_online_new.jpg 300 300 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2012-02-09 22:28:032013-02-14 13:05:51Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
This week is tinged with sadness on the news of the passing of Angela Lahert:
- We would like to offer our deepest condolences to Johnny, Nessa and Jack Lahert on the death of Angela Lahert yesterday. Angela was married to Johnny and mother of Nessa and Jack. On behalf of all Cuala Members, we extend our deepest sympathy to the Family. Reposing at home on Thursday and Friday at 9 Bayview Green, Shankill, requiem Mass on Saturday Morning at 10am in the Church of St Alphonsus and Columba in Ballybrack Village. Ar dheis De go raibh a hanam dilis.
- As a mark of respect to the Lahert family, the Cuala Strategic Review meeting has been deferred from the 10th February to the 2nd March next in Fitzpatrick’s Castle Hotel.
- The first trophy of the new year returned to the club on Sunday, though it was a shield rather than the Mick O’Brien Cup returning from Nemo Rangers. The U14 A’s got off to a bright start, drawing with a Kerins O’Rahilly’s team that had won every game they have played in the past two and half years. Leading at half time against Clonmel Commercials they were heading for the A Final but an injury in defence and a five minute goal burst from the Tipp champs sent Cuala into Sunday’s consolation final instead against Austin Stacks from Tralee. The lad showed great character to get the job done by putting up a 5-13 score against the Kerry side and stayed on to watch Nemo Rangers win their own trophy for the first time in six years with a fine performance.
- The Juvenile Boys were back in league action in the past week and special note is made of the wins recorded by the U13A’s by a point away to Clontarf in their first outing at 15-a-side; by the U14A’s who beat Lucan on their main pitch under lights on Wednesday by 1-08 to 0-08; by the U14B’s who hit 7-8 past Ballyfernot DLS; by the U15A’s who beat Fingallians by eight points and by the U16’s who put up a score of 8-15 against Thomas Davis. A particularly good win for the under 15s against Fingallians who won a hard fought battle against a physically bigger team. Great display from everyone but particular mention should be made of super-backs Donal O’Loinsigh,Darragh Collopy and Andrew Power.
- Congratulations to Clonkeen College who won their first Dublin Colleges A Football Championship last week. Eight Cuala players from the Minors and U16’s were in the starting line up. The side now goes on to a Leinster Final against St Pats of Navan.
- Cuala Annual Awards Night – will take place in the Royal Marine Hotel, Dún Laoghaire on Sat 18th Feb.Presentation to our All-Ireland football and National League winning players, Player & Young Player of the Year Awards, Club Person of the Year, Manager of the Year and more. The Awards will start at 8.30 sharp and be finished by 10pm so you can dance the night away while Finger Food is served and all for only €15 a ticket. (€5 reduction from last year) . Tickets available from: Nuala Mc Adam Cuala Shop, Adult and Academy sections, Lorraine Hayes- Juvenile Boys, Emma Schutte – Ladies section, Kevina Malone-Minor section,Linda Farren-Juvenile Girls.
- The Sports and Social Integration Project would like to inform Cuala members and friends that the Lucena Foundation will be providing a series of information nights to parents / carers / teachers on various issues in regard to children / adolescence well being. The first of these for 2012 covers the topic of EATING PROBLEMS IN ADOLESCENTS. These information nights are free to any parent. If you need further clarification / information, please contact Damian Byrne at 086-6040998 or Marie at the Lucena Foundation, Marie.McCourt@sjog.ie 01-4923596 or 01-4999349.
All for this week – slán