Hello Cuala Patrons
- Important information for Adult Members – Adult registration and payment of memberships for all Adult players, mentors, etc., will take place next Tuesday Jan 24th after hurling training in Bray, and next Thursday January 26th after football training in Dalkey. This is vital for getting funds, and for insurance and eligibility purposes. Members are asked to make a big effort to attend, register and pay up on either of these nights so that registration may be completed quickly this year and all efforts can be concentrated on training and matches.
- The Féile fundraising efforts are in full swing for the new year. The Juvenile girls cookie sellers are back at Academy training at Hyde Road and IADT over the coming weeks.
- The 1998 boys expect a group of 100 players, mentors, parents, siblings and friends to ascend Glendalough on Sunday 29th January. Please be generous in supporting the teams as they prepare for the year ahead, a year in which Cuala will host National Féile competitions in Hurling and Camogie.
- The Cuala ‘Give an Hour’ programme encourages our teenager and adult players to go back and help younger age-groups. It’s a suitable initiative for kids in Transition year who are looking for community based projects, and for adults who can use their experience to assist the players of the future.
- Date for the diary. Cuala U21 hurlers play Crokes in the semi-final of the Championship on Saturday 28th January. Home venue for Cuala – will advise of times and pitch next week. Cuala Junior hurlers are also in action on the same day in the Leinster semi-final. Details to follow.
- Set dancing classes resumed in the Hall on Sunday nights 8-10pm. A great way to be social and keep fit.
- We are seeking six more members to be included in our list for voluntary bar duty. Volunteers are required to work one night every six weeks, The nights we cover are Mon,Tues, Wed and Fri. If you feel you would be available to be included on one of the teams please contact Ciaran Irwin 085 2571034. There is no previous experience required as training will be provided. Voluntary Bar members must be over 21.
- Attention all sport’s experts. Check out www.sportsprophet.ie for a chance to win cashprizes and tickets to the All Ireland football and hurling finals. All you have to do is log on to the above website, submit an entry either online or manually predicting the winners to 24 sporting events in 2012. Points are accumulated for correct predictions and the winner will have the highest points total at the end of the last event. The competition is run within the club and nationally. Cuala will have it’s own leaderboard updated automatically after each event concludes and the leaderboard can be viewed on the website. There are 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes of 300, 200 and 100 euro in the Cuala competition and All-Ireland tickets in the National competition. There is a fee of 20 euro per entry which is payable to mentors and players in the adult football section. All entries must be submitted and paid for by Mach 9th. You may submit an entry now and amend it anytime up to the 9th March. The mentors are Derek Dunne, Paddy Murdock, Johnnie Sheanon and Enda McGowan. Players from the adult section who will assist are John Sheanon, Kevin Reid and Ronan Durkin. Payments can also be made to Aidan Boyle who is coordinating the competition. He can be contacted at 0863200683 if there are any queries. Best of luck!
- The Cuala Ticket Office is back open for 2012 and the Spring Series is upon us again. Three great double headers in Croke Park.
Please send your ticket order to firstname.lastname@example.org or text to 087-9019043 by 8pm on Tuesday 24th. Please sepecify if you are ordering for a 3 MATCH PACKAGE or A SINGLE GAME..no late orders please. Ticket Information is as follows:
- 3 Match Deal: Adult €30 (Stand and Hill 16) Child €10
- Single games: Adult €13 (Stand and Hill 16) Child €5
- Here are some of the upcoming Fixtures:
Saturday, 4th February UNDER LIGHTS
Kildare v Tyrone (Football)
The Rubber Bandits
Dublin v Kerry (Football)
Sunday, 11th March AFTERNOON GAME
Dublin v Cork (Hurling)
Dublin v Armagh (Football)
Saturday, 24th March UNDER LIGHTS
Dublin v Tipperary (Hurling)
Dublin v Donegal (Football)
All for this week,