Hello Cuala Patrons
Slowly but surely we are getting back into the swing of things. January is the month for preparation for the year ahead. Teams are always looking for help so dont be shy – don’t leave it to someone else.
- Well the Feile juvenile girls cookie sellers are back by popular demand! For a limited period only, this year’s Cuala Feile team are selling their famous Feile Cookies at the childrens training sessions on Saturdays in the Aca. Please remember to bring your small change!
- Juvenile and Minor annual registration will take place this Saturday from 11-2pm in Cuala Hall. Registration is vital to the funding of the club and all the teams within in it. It is also vital for insurance purposes and to have eligible players playing in competitive matches. I think you will agree Cuala is still very good value. Forms etc will be available on the day. And since Santa has probably cleaned most of us out, post-dated cheques will be accepted.
- Congratulations to the 99’s who won the Southside Football Blitz hosted by Naomh Olafs on Saturday. The 99’s were unbeaten in the group stages and beat the hosts in the final in a tight match. The 99’s dug deep and pulled away in the last 5 minutes to secure the trophy for the first time.
- What a great day last Saturday when Sam came to town or rather, to Dalkey. Many thanks to Michael Fitzsimons and Rory O’ Carroll from Kilmacud Crokes for giving up their time to present to all the youngsters. Who knows, maybe one of those kids will yet get their hands on that great trophy wearing boots rather than runners! Some great pictures on the Cuala website.
- Don’t forget the ‘Give an Hour’ programme which encourages our teenager players to go back and help younger age-groups. Its a great initiative , particularly for kids in Transition year, who are often looking for community based projects. Adults also can help. Most teams need some help so please see if you or yours can contribute.
Sin a bhfuil.