Hello Cuala Patrons
Happy New Year , hope you had a good break and welcome back to the Cuala newsletter. Dalkey will have a rare enough visitor this weekend and no its not an exotic bird:
- Sam Maguire is coming to Cuala! An historic day is in prospect next Saturday 7th January when Cuala’s Michael Fitzsimons makes a triumphant formal visit to Hyde Park accompanied by the Sam Maguire. You are all invited to join him to celebrate this unique occasion and to wish Michael well in the season ahead. For juveniles and families: Michael and Sam will be in the Cuala Hall between 16:00 – 18:00, for a Q&A session followed by team photographs. Parents are welcome to bring their own camera along for individual photographs during this time. For adults: Michael and Sam will be in the Cuala Bar from 8.30pm Saturday night for photographs and a presentation to Micheal. Everyone welcome to both events.
- 2012 Cuala Coaching Conference is on Saturday 7th January 2012 in Cuala GAA from 11.00 to 3 O’Clock. Please arrive at 10.45 for registration. Place are limited so please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place or text Ken Fitzgerald at 0876830296, Willie Braine at 0860266506 or Damien Byrne 0866040998.Admission fee is €10 which will be paid by your section 11.00. Details also on the website.
- Fitzpatricks are running a promotion for Cuala members, see the link below to flyer https://cualagaa.ie/?attachment_id=5753 and details also on the website.
- We would like to extend our sympathies to the Kennedy family on the death of Dermot Kennedy, father of Kevin , minor section chairman. Removal tomorrow, Friday evening, to The Church of the Holy Family, Kill-o’-the-Grange, arriving at 5pm. Funeral on Saturday morning, after 10am Requiem Mass, to Shanganagh Cemetery, Shankill. May he rest in peace.
- The Cuala Hike for Somalia is on this Sunday at 11:00 in Glendalough. See details on the website https://cualagaa.ie/2012/01/an-important-message-to-cuala-hikers/
All for this week