Hello Cuala Patrons
Last news-letter of the year. Its been another busy year with some great events and on and off the field. I hope you have enjoyed the newsletter and more importantly being part of a great club and a community:
- I’m sure you have heard of The Niamh’s Wish to walk campaign to help little Niamh Moriarity from Johnstown get the operation she desperately needs to walk again. There will be a Santa Day on Sunday 18th December in the Cuala Hall as a fund-raiser. Please support this worthy cause. The details are here http://www.niamhswish.com and also on the Cuala website https://cualagaa.ie/2011/12/niamhs-santa-day-on-sunday/
- Congratulations to Sarah Healy of the U10 girls group who won the U11 All Ireland Cross Country title over the weekend. Good luck also to her team mate Rachel Hartnett who will be playing in the last 16 of the All Ireland U12 Tennis Matchplay tournament in Belfast at the weekend.
- The Annual Married vs Singles Challenge (tomfoolery) will be on again this year on 27th of December. What better way to pull a ham-string or look like a complete turkey than come out in the freezing cold and run around until you seize up. And that just the singles. Its good fun however. The privilege will cost you €5 and donations go to the Niall Mellon fund.
- Last call for the big concert on Saturday night with the Dublin Concert Band. Should be a blast – especially if you stand near the trombones. Seriously good music though – do not miss it. Details on the website.
- The Cuala Give an Hour Programme is aimed at our U16s upwards. Young adults who want to be considered for an Easter or Summer Camp coaching jobs should register with Ken Fitz or Willie Braine. Juvenile age groups are always looking for help in both hurling and football.
- Applications are invited for the position of Team Manager for two Adult Teams, the Second Football and the Third Hurling Teams. These positions are for a minimum of a two year period 2012-2013, following a review at the end of the 2012 season. Interested applicants are requested to submit their names in writing by email only, before 6:00 pm on Friday, 16th December 2011, to Liam Breathnach, Cathaoirleach, Adult Games Section firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cuala’s Concern for Somalia is a charity fundraising initiative in the form of a Sponsored Family Hike in Glendalough on Sun 8 Jan 2012. Sponsorship forms and more detailed arrangements will be available shortly.
- Our own Rob Hartnett has launched a new online venture aimed at helping sport and business develop new and productive relationships. Cuala even got a mention in the first issue at www.sportforbusiness.com . Check it out
All for this week and this year.Le gach dea-mhéin don Nollaig agus don Athbhliain.