https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_cuala_online_new.jpg 300 300 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2011-12-09 08:56:452013-02-14 13:07:54Cuala Weekly News
Wave bye to budget blues and euro break-ups – only 2 weeks to Christmas!
- Congratulations to all Coiste members on their election last night and to the outgoing Coiste for a job well done.
- Hope you all saw the superb ad featuring Cuala players on the LLTS (Late Late Toy Show) last week. Ken fitzgerald organised this after the academy purchased and you should see these hurleys in action every sat morning in the academy – amazing. Best coaching hurl for a long time. Catch the ad here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ava_F3snWVc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
- The 2002 age group will be selling Christmas trees in Cuala Sunday next – 11th December from 12-6pm in the Hall. Get yours at Cuala and support the club.
- Hard luck to the Senior footballers who lost to Fingallians last week. Thanks to all the mentors and players for all their efforts this year.
- Orders are being taken throughout the club for the Cuala Academy 2012 Calendar. Each month of the calendar includes photos of children representing the 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 years in the club. It also includes photos of the Cuala players who have represented Dublin and has been kindly signed by them. At €7 it is an ideal Christmas present that will be treasured in years to come.
- Applications are invited for the position of Team Manager for two Adult Teams, the Second Football and the Third Hurling Teams. These positions are for a minimum of a two year period 2012-2013, following a review at the end of the 2012 season. Interested applicants are requested to submit their names in writing by email only, before 6:00 pm on Friday, 16th December 2011, to Liam Breathnach, Cathaoirleach, Adult Games Section,email@example.com or 087-6182183.
- Badminton still running on monday nights in the Hall from 9pm onwards.
- For all the coaches out there, you might be interested in this following coaching DVD – its available on http://www.totalgaacoach.com/coaching-dvd . Not seen it myself but worth a look in case there is something new to learn? So no need to draw next years drills on the back of the Christmas napkins!
- Cuala’s Concern for Somalia is a charity fundraising initiative in the form of a Sponsored Family Hike in Glendalough on Sun 8 Jan 2012. Sponsorship forms and more detailed arrangements will be available shortly. All we need you to do now is to keep your diary free for the big day.
- Hope to see you all at the recession-busting, no charge, un-taxed (free!) Christmas Concert on 17th December featuring the Dublin Concert Band. A number of age groups are planning to have a night out anyway so why not come along.
All for this week. One more newsletter next week then a break for Christmas.