https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_cuala_online_new.jpg 300 300 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2011-12-01 22:43:142013-02-14 13:08:07Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Its Festive season as of today – so ho ho and off we go!
- We wish Ladies Football Minors the best of luck in their Div 1 League Final vs Ballyboden St Endas on Sunday 4th at 2pm in Thomastown.
- As part of its fundraising for next year, the Cuala Academy has produced a calendar for 2012. Each month of the calendar includes photos of children representing the 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 years in the club. It also includes photos of the Cuala players who have represented Dublin and has been kindly signed by them. The calendar is currently on sale through the various committees and retails at a price of €7. It is an ideal Christmas present something that will be treasured in years to come. It is hoped that some of the children in the calendar will emulate the great success that the Cuala players have achieved over the years.
- The eagle-eyed golf nuts amongst you may have spotted something new hanging in the bar. Its a framed flag from the 18th hole of the British Open signed by none other that Darren Clarke. The Academy are auctioning to the highest bidder. Bids to Michael Greaney at firstname.lastname@example.org or text to 0868579940. Check out the Cuala website or the Bar for the real thing!
- The U13 Boys are continuing their series of winter challenge fixtures. The B hurlers scored a fine 4-08 to 2-02 win over their Ballyboden opposite numbers at a windy Sancta Maria last weekend. The A and C footballers take on Kilmacud Crokes at Thomastown this Saturday, weather permitting, while the B’s are in Cornelscourt against Geraldine Morans.
- Parents of the 1998 group will shortly receive Garda Vetting Forms for next year’s National Féile na Gael which will be held in Dublin and in which Cuala will be very involved. All parents who will be involved with teams or who will host teams up from the country need to complete the forms and send them back to the team managers by next week. Even those already vetted need to be so again!
- All roads lead to Skerries on Sunday morning for our senior Footballers, who will continue in their quest to make history for the club. It’s the semi-final of the playoffs and a good result on Sunday will see the lads 60 minutes away from Division 1 football , for the first time in Cuala’s history. So all support will be vital. The game will throw in at 11am Sunday in Fingallians grounds.
- Best wishes also to our senior football sponsor Peader Dunne. Pete will be 70 this weekend and all in Cuala would like to extend their best birthday wishes to the “Butcher”. A huge crowd is expected in Cuala on Saturday night to celebrate with the big man !!
- The 21 Hurlers play a challenge against Tipperary’s Loughmore/Castleiney in Dalkey at 12 O’clock on Sunday morning. Hard luck ot U21Bs who went down by a single point in their Championship match vs Naomh Mearnog last Saturday. The U21As got a walk-over from Parnell and are now into the semi-finals versus K.Crokes in January.
- The Cuala Club AGM will be held in Hall on Thursday 8th so no newsletter that night! Nominations to Coiste positions, motions and amendments can be viewed here so
- The Christmas concert is set for Saturday 17th December in the Hall. Its free to all members and will include an evening of music from the Dublin Concert Band. See Invitation from An Coiste
All for this week – slán