Hello Cuala Patrons
Nearly into the Festive season but still some business to be done:
- A brilliant 2 point victory for the U12 A’s (Tornadoes), Last Saturday over Naomh Barrog in the division 2 play-off in NB Park, Kilbarrack sees them earn promotion to Under 13 Division 1 Hurling next year.. A titanic battle and a match played in the spirit of which the game should be played. Every single player performed to their best and had to! We focus ahead immediately in planning for the year and grade ahead. Well done to all involved and the parents.
- Fundraiser – the U9 & U10 Boys have joined forces and are having a fundraiser this Saturday 26th Nov in Cuala. With live music from “Dog Ruff” it promises to be a great night. Raffle on the night some of the prizes are Eriscon Smart Phone, Late Late show tickets, Signed Dublin Jersey and much more. Tickets €10 or payat the door. Please come along and support us.
- The Cuala Minors & U16 Section is hosting a Table Quiz on Friday 25 November at 8:30 in the Cuala Hall Tables of 4: €10 per head. All are welcome but we’d like the minors, their friends and parents to come along for some light relief and maybe a prize or two.
- Well done to our senior footballers who finished out their league campaign in style. Needing to win by 9 points or more to secure a promotion play-off spot Cuala set about their task in earnest, with a goal from Eoghan Breathnach on nearly their first attack. But Erin’s Isle weren’t here to make up the numbers and with former Dublin minors Danny Fegan and Johnny Noonan influential , Isle’s soon had the scores level. A flowing move saw a lovely goal from Scott OBrien,and with further points from Scott and Fitzie ( a massive score from outside the 45 on his left ) Cuala went in at the break 6 points to the good , 2-6 to 0-06. A quick point on the restart from Breathnach saw Cuala start in the right vein but once again isle’s fought hard. With about 2 minutes remaining Cuala were 8 points up and under severe pressure from the Isle’s defence John Sheanon curled over a beauty on his left. Cuala drove forward again and outstanding wing back Adam Hudson hit a great score to put Cuala 10 up. Referee Senan Finuncane blew his full time whistle and Cuala against all the odds had secured a promotion playoff, which was great reward for the lads and management after a excellent effort throughout the year. Final score Cuala 2-12 Erins Isle 0-08. Phew!
- Reminder of the Cuala ‘Give us back an Hour Prog’. A lot of players have already started the ‘Give us back an Hour Prog’ but there are VIP teams still looking for some help especially with hurling and Camogie. So please give an hour back which also puts you in front of others looking for Easter and Summer Camp work. Call, text or email Willie or ken to participate
- The Cuala Youth Cáfe will be open for business for all young people between the ages of 16 to 18 years. The Cáfe provides the opportunity for young people to socialise in a relaxed and pleasant environment. If you wish to bring any music, xbox etc they are more than welcome to do so. As players are doing their personnel training programmes or waiting to go to their ‘Give an hour Back’ team, the Cáfe will be available. Over the next few weeks any young members who may have ideas in regard to the Youth Cáfe or who wish to join the Youth Council are encouraged to pass on their ideas and names to email@example.com
- Hard luck to the Senior Hurlers who lost to St.Judes 1-13 to 0-10 points last Wednesday night in their final league game. Its been a long season and we would like to say thanks to the players and mentors for all the effort put in. We look forward to 2012 with so many good young players coming through.
- Speaking of which, U21 hurlers start their championship campaign against Parnells – out in Belcamp (off Malahide Rd) at 2:30pm on Saturday. All Support most welcome.
All for this week, slán