https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png 0 0 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2011-11-18 08:27:042013-02-14 13:09:06Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons,
AGMs in full flight and time to start coming to enjoy the social nights – sure there’s nothing on the telly:
- In a close and dogged game, Cuala U16s once again worked their magic by beating Na Fianna in Shankill last Saturday and in so doing were crowned Division 1 Football Champions. After winning the hurling league and championship already this year, this was the coup de grace. Great performances all round and , in particular, from Killian Sheanon and Sean Treacy who kicked over some great points in the final minutes to seal the victory. Having lost to Na Fianna in the football championship, this was sweet. Congratulations to Willie Braine, Gerry Killian, Gar Brennan, Tony Gibney and all the mentors, for the work they have done to turn this into one of the best dual juvenile teams the county has seen in many years.
- Congratulations to Lorraine Hayes who was named DLRCoCo’s Volunteer of the Year for 2011. See https://cualagaa.ie/2011/11/lorraine-our-volunteer-of-the-year/.Many of you would know Lorraine – a mentor on the 2002s, juvenile committee member, coiste member and organiser extraordinaire. Well done Lorraine!
- Club AGM is on 8th December – all Full (Adult) members should have got notification in the post by now. contact email@example.com if your notice did not arrive. Full details on https://cualagaa.ie/coiste/agm/
- Minor section are having a quiz on Friday November 25th in the Hall. Tables of 4 €10 per head. Some new rules though, each table needs to have at least one minor player to answer all the difficult questions. Girlfriends (“mots” in the vernacular) are welcome too. All are welcome so please come and support. Details also on the website.
- U21 Footballers take up championship action in Shankill on Saturday vs Na Fianna at 2:30pm. All Support welcome but watch out for venue change due to pitch conditions.
- Senior Hurling League Division 2 Final Vs St. Judes at Kilpedder Road, Wednesday 23/11/11 @20:30. All support gratefully welcome.
- A concert of Christmas music will be held in Cuala Hall on Saturday December 17 . Entertainment will be provided by The Dublin Concert Band who already played in the Hall this year to rave reviews. All helpers and volunteers at all levels within the club are invited to come along for what should be an enjoyable festive occasion. There will be no entry (or exit) charge – all compliments of Cuala. More in this newsletter and on the website as we approach the date. Just note your diary – Saturday 17 December.
- Planning is already underway for Cuala Fight Night 2012 . Any Adults wishing to have a go should contact Mikey Bernie on 086 3424610. See https://cualagaa.ie/2011/11/the-gloves-are-off-for-cuala-fight-night/
That’s it for this week – take care