Hello Cuala Patrons
Some big games on this weekend- none more so than our Senior Footballers in the Intermediate Final. With the weather settling – no excuse to be anywhere else on Sunday other than Parnell Park. Read on:
- A big weekend ahead for the Cuala girls football teams. On Saturday, Thomastown hosts the Minor D1 Shield final at 1.30pm, Cuala vs. Foxrock Cabinteely and then at 2.30pm the Cuala U15s play Ballyboughal in the D3 championship final. All support very welcome. On Sunday the U16s play the D3 Shield final at 2.15pm against Skerries Harps in Ringsend. Again all support appreciated.
- There will be a meeting of the Juvenile Boys Committee at the club at 9.30pm on Tuesday, November 8th
- The U13A Footballers and Hurlers are commencing a programme of Winter Challenge matches against neighbouring clubs aimed at keeping their momentum up ahead of next season. Delighted to hear Cuala’s U13 hurling ‘star of the future’, Emmet Murphy, is back out of hospital after damaging his back in a training accident on Sunday morning.
- Congratulations to the U16A Hurlers on beating Ballyboden 1-16 to 1-5 in the Championship final last Saturday (photo’s in the Cuala Gallery here https://picasaweb.google.com/115477580080509008419/U16HurlingChampionshipFinal2011# ). This completes the double double for the lads, they have won the U16 League and Championship and have won back to back Hurling Championships at U15 and U16. They also have maintained a 100% win record for the entire of 2011.
- It’s straight back to competitive action for the U16’s as the U16A Footballers face Kilmacud Crokes in the Semi Final of the league in Shankill this Saturday at 3pm. All support welcome.
- Next year Cuala will field 3 football and 2 Hurling teams at Minor Level. This will be the greatest number of teams the Club has ever fielded at this level. This is a testament to the great work that has be being done at Academy and Juvenile Levels in recent years. Associated with fielding a greater number of teams is the greater financial burden that will be placed on the section. The Minors are currently looking for a Sponsor(s) to come on board for next season. If you, your company or somebody you know would be interested in Sponsor the Cuala 2012 Minors please contact Colin Behan on 085 7380742 or Kevin Kennedy on 086 8571215 . Our Minors will feature in Div 1and A Championship Hurling and Football so a degree of media exposure is guaranteed.
- Calling all Cuala supporters to Parnell park this Sunday as our seniors footballers have made it to the Intermediate championship final again. After a heart stopping win in the semi final last night over Scoil Ui Chonail the lads have made it through again. In atrocious conditions Cuala remained composed in the final minutes to hit the vital scores to nudge them ahead of a very committed and disciplined Scoil. So get out and support the lads as they endeavor to go one step further this year. Throw in is 1.45 pm , the venue Parnell Park.
- The Saturday morning coffee at the Academy is flying out the door.Not only is a warm brew available but also wi-fi (wireless internet for Luddites), hot chocolate,snack and muffins.
- Reminder that Badminton sessions are running the hall on Monday mights from 9pm.All are welcome.
- There are lots of AGMs and fundraising sessions planned over the coming weeks. Keep an eye out for dates and please try to support the section meetings and the fund-raisers.
Until next week – slán