https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png 0 0 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Webmaster2011-03-31 00:32:072014-02-15 23:53:42Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Hello Cuala Patrons
We will start with the Ladies:
- Coláiste Íosagáin from Stillorgan have reached the final of the TESCO Senior B Post Primary Schools competition.The school team includes players from Cuala – Sally Ní Chiarnáin, Shannon Huggard, Sadhbh Ní Dhochartaigh, Elinor Ní Dhochartaigh, Martha Ní Bhroinn, Alannah Ní Chuinn, Máire Ní Shéaináin, Hannah Ní Fhionn, Leonie Ní Bhuachalla, Shauna Hudson, Siobhán Ní Cheallaigh, Doireann Ní Mhatúna, Aoife Ní Chroidhéan, Rachel De Stanlaigh. In a high scoring semi final the Stillorgan girls over came Loretto College Letterkenny on a score line of 1-19 to 0-19.Coláiste Íosagáin will play Holy Rosary Mountbellew (Galway) in the final. Congratulations to the players and management of Coláiste Íosagáin on the wonderful achievement of reaching an All Ireland final!
- Cuala Ladies Football Minors lost out to Kilmacud Crokes in a tough match on Saturday 26/3 in Pairc de Burca. With both teams missing key players, Crokes dominated throughout the match. Grainne Fitzsimons & Leonie Buckley defended brilliantly at the back but could do little to prevent the 5-12, 2-6 full time score. Hard Luck Girls!
- Dont forget Academy Casino tickets are still on sale. Attaching the flyer since last week the inline pic did not appear for some people.
- 1st and 2nd year Social, in Cuala Friday 15th April 8 – 11pm. Tickets go on sale Thursday 31st March in Cuala from 7 – 9pm.
- Easter Eggtravaganza, Sat 23rd April from 2pm – 6pm. Great day out for all the family….. Face Painting, Egg Hunt (lots of great prizes in our eggs), Easter Bunny, Magic Show, Disco, Balloon Making and much more. 4hrs of childrens entertainment for €5 per child now thats a bargain!!!
- It was a great day for the U14 hurlers last Saturday in the Aer Lingus 75 years hurling tournament. They won the Shield competition beating Ballinhassaig of Cork in the Shield Final, having beaten Naomh Eoin of Antrim in the semi-final. Earlier in the day, Cuala lost out of qualification to the A-semis to Ballygunner of Waterford and Na Piarsaig of Limerick who were the eventual A-finalists, so the lads can hold their heads high. There were good performances all round, including a 10-point come back against a fancied Castlegearr side from Galway to get a well-earned draw.
- The U16A Footballers are in a table topping clash this Saturday away to Kilmacud Crokes in Silver Park while the B’s are away to St. Vincents. The U15s had a great win over last year’s Feile champs Crokes in the Division 1 hurling league for the first time ever.
- Cuala’s new official leisurewear is available in the Club shop. We have a range of tee shirts, polo shirts, hoodies, jackets and tracksuit bottoms. Also, the Cuala shop is open from 8 to 9pm on Tuesday evenings and Saturday 9 to 11.30am.
- We are undertaking major renovation of the Cuala hall before Easter. This will include repairing the floor, installing handball/hurling walls, replacing doors painting etc. If anyone can help with the supply of materials for this work, floor varnish, plywood sheeting, sanders, paint and rollers etc, it would be very much appreciated any would greatly reduce the expenditure by the club. If you think you can help in any way please call Peadar Mc Adam 087-2345393.
- We would like to express our deepest commiseration to the Mc Hugh family on the recent death of Ann’s father.
- Siansa is a music competition run annually by Gael Linn for talented young traditional Irish musicians. For the second year in a row a local group with strong Cuala links has reached the Craobh Chomórtas. The group, ainmnithe Buille Lughadha, is made up exclusively of members/former members of Cuala and is directed by Michaél Ó Grálaigh (Mick also directed the Cuala Ballad Group that won the Dublin Section of Scór Na nÓg i mbliaina). Over 60 groups from all over the 32 counties entered the competition. This number was whittled down to 32 following a first round selection based on audio submissions (note a 2nd Cuala connected team Gealach Úr made it through to the final 32 also). Only 8 groups remain following selection by a panel of judges based on live performances by each of the qualifying 32. This year is a special one for the competition as it is celebrating its 10th anniversary and what a crowning achievement it would be for this local Cuala group to make it to the last 3! For anyone with a grá for traditional music it really is a great night’s entertainment so come along and lend your support. Beir Bua.
- Lastly,a word of thanks to all the members who have recently volunteered to help in the Cuala Shop and Bar. It is great to have over 50 people giving their time helping to run these Club facilities. Well done to all involved.
All for this week.
Cuala Club Communications