https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png 0 0 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Webmaster2011-03-03 23:59:512014-02-15 23:53:42Cuala Weekly News
Now that the election is out of the way and the weather is settling down we might get some real sport in:
- Once again all 2001 age-group parents and friends, the 2001 Juvenile Boys are hosting a Table Quiz in the Club on Friday night, March 4th. All support is very welcome.
- The U13 Lions had their first game back at Thomastown last Saturday and what a cracker it was against Na Fianna. Both sides were missing a few players but there was a good crowd of parents and friends from both clubs on hand to witness a barnstorming 2-06 to 0-12 draw. This weekend the Lions and the Tigers are both in action on Saturday and Sunday as the backlog from the weather is cleared.
- The Coaching Department is running a Code of Ethics (Child Protection) workshop for Friday 4 March 7.30 in the committee room at Cuala. Numbers are limited to 30 so we need people to book in advance. Book your place by emailing email@example.com before Thursday 3rd March. We will be unable to accommodate people who just turn up on the night.
- Those who recall the halcyon days of the Cuala Race Night will be whinnying with excitement at the breaking news that the Juvenile Boys are bringing it back to life. You have plenty of time to dream up the sponsored horse names but it’s never too early to put a mark in your diary, or an entry in your phone for Friday, May 27th. Could this event be a Dalkey version of the Galway tent?
- Minor Hurlers got their Div1 League Campaign off to a great start last Sunday by beating Castleknock 2-12 to 2-07 in Porterstown. Minor Footballers start the league games this Sunday. The A’s are away to Castleknock in Div 1and B’s are away Clan Na Gael Fontenoy in Div 3 both games starting at 11am.
- Cuala Minor Ladies got off to a tough but promising start in their Division 1 League match last Sunday finishing Cuala 1-6, Ballyboden 2-16. With the bare bones of a team, due to injury, sickness etc, 15 Cuala girls stepped out to face a very strong Ballyboden team. Although the scoreline may not reflect it, the Cuala girls put up a great fight. The Ballyboden girls quickly dominated midfield, allowing Boden to notch up many points in the first half. The Cuala girls had a much better second half, with great performances from Siobhan, Leonie & Elinor in the back and Mary & Martha centrefield. There were many proud moments:- Cuala’s movement of the ball was superb, with passes from the backs filtering right up to the forwards & Cuala put in some great blocks from Shauna, Elinor & Jessica. A very good effort was put in by all 15 Cuala girls, from start to finish, but the Ballyboden girls were too strong for them on the day. Leonie was the unanimous Cuala Lady of the Match – she was invincible! A lot of work left to do but a worthy and promising performance in the first match ever of the Cuala Ladies.Team Photo attached – save for posterity!
- There are a couple of Minor Section Fundraising Events coming up that are well worth supporting, the first is “Last Man Standing” (entry form attached). This should be a bit of fun and great entertainment for the €10 entry fee. All you have to do is fill in the form and leave it and the money behind the Bar on or before March 11th. Then each week pick a winning team in the Premier League (can’t pick the same team twice) if your team doesn’t win you’re out. If they did win you survive till the following week where you must pick another winner, and so it goes until the Last Man (or Woman) Standing gets the prizemoney. So don’t delay and get your form in! The Minor Section are also running a table quiz in the Hall on March 11th at 8:30 and is aimed at U16’s up, a table of 4 costs €40. The event is being organised by Ciaran Irwin, Patsy Greene and Brendan Stanley and promises to be a great evenings fun.
- Cuala Shop is having a Super Saturday Sale this Saturday morning and we are clearing lots of end of lines at greatly reduced prices and never to be seen again bargain prices. We will have hoodies and jackets for only €20, polo shirts for €25 and other various items at reduced prices. Limited stock so come early and bag yourself a good bargain.
- Well done the Senior footballers who got their league campaign off to a good start with a win away to Ballinteer. The best of luck to Luke Keating who suffered another shoulder injury on Sunday , get well soon Luke. Hard luck to the Junior 1 and Junior 2 teams , but well done to the Junior 3 team who had an excellent win over Garda. Keep an eye out for the fixtures to the next home games.
- Lest you have forgotten – Badminton in Cuala hall every Monday night, from 8pm all welcome … no experience needed !
Slán go foill
Cuala Club Communications