Hello Cuala Patrons,
This is the big weekend for U14 boys and the Dublin Hurlers:
- This is the big Feile weekend for the U14 Footballers. The A-footballers are out in Na Fianna on Saturday morning in the so-called “Group of Death” against Na Fianna and Ballymun. As you will be aware,Cuala is hosting its first Boys Féile tournament this Saturday at Thomastown. Cuala-B are hosting St Pats Palmerstown and Lucan Sarsfields B.The three group matches will take place at 1030am (Lucan Vs Cuala) 1130am (St Pats Vs Loser game 1) and 1245pm (St Pats Vs Winner Game 1). We will then host a semi final at 1600 between the winner of our group and the runner up from the other group in Division 8.So if not doing anything else on Saturday come along and support all the Feile lads.
- The Under 11 boys (2000s) are hosting a hurling tournament in Thomastown from 11-2 on Bank Holiday, Monday May 2nd. With teams arriving from Wicklow, Kildare, Meath, Kilkenny and Dublin, the 2000s hope it will be a feast of hurling for all involved.
- Cuala is now on Twitter community – follow @cualaclg
- Good luck to the Intermediate footballers in Championship action on Friday night in Glencullen vs Naomh Olaf.
- We wish the 4 Cuala lads involved with the Dublin senior hurlers the best of luck on Sunday in the National League Hurling Final. Oisin Gough, Paul Schutte, David Treacy and John Sheanon.
- Cuala Bar promotion Friday night (after Intermediate Championship) and Sunday for Hurling league Match, (Bar opens 3pm for the match). Any 3 pints €10, 2 bottles budweiser€5. Kids are welcome on Sunday up to 8pm.
- As this year’s Easter Camp draws to a close we would like to thank all the Coaching, Administration and Caretaking staff for all their work over the last two weeks. This year’s camp has been the most successful in terms of coaching standards and numbers with over 300 participating. The coaching staff has shown once again, that the young members of Cuala can improve their Gaa skills and development while also enjoying themselves. As we now look to the Summer Camps we would like to emphasis that when it comes to Coaching staff, priority will be given to those coaches who participate in the ‘Give an hour back to Cuala’ programme. The Coaching Section is also looking for a sponsor for this year’s Summer Camp and if there is a potential sponsor please contact Damian at 086-6040998. We would also like to thank the Coaches who gave freely of their time to work in the ‘Eggtravagansa’ Once again many thanks to all.
- Lastly , Music lovers – see the Dublin Concert Band in concert Saturday 7th May in the Hall. All welcome and bring some friends and neighbors for a unique night out.
All for this weekend – enjoy all the games, the good weather and drive with just a bit extra caution if on the roads.
Cuala Club Communications