https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png 0 0 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Webmaster2011-10-13 22:15:402013-02-14 13:11:13Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Hello Cuala Patrons
We were all shocked and saddened to learn of the untimely death of Stephen Farrell, husband of our Club Office Administrator, Susan. As a mark of respect, the Cuala Office will be closed on Thursday. We offer our sincere condolence to Susan, Stephen & Andrew and the wider Farrell family. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.
- It will be a busy Saturday afternoon for our Juvenile Girls footballers, with two championship semi finals back to back in Meadow Vale. At 1:30pm its the Under 15s (1996/97s) in their Div 3 semi against Ballyfermot DLS. This is followed at 3pm by the Under 13s (1998s) who face Ballyboden in the Div 1 championship semi final. Good luck to all of the girls in both squads. Support for both teams very welcome.
- Good luck also to the U12 & U11 Girls who play their Div 2 shield semi finals away to N Mearnóg and Clanna Gael, respectively, this weekend.
- Well done also to the Ladies Minor footballers who recorded a 6-05 to 5-04 Division One Championship victory over Kilmacud Crokes on Saturday afternoon.
- The U14A’s put up a dominant performance in division one against Clontarf and the U13A, B and C teams all recorded wins, by an aggregate of 25 pts against Ballyboden St Enda’s, St Finians and Lucan Sarsfields respectively. Not bad !
- Congratulations to Shay Hayes, Brendan Spillane, Timmy Walsh and our latest Dublin Champions, the Junior A hurlers who landed the Dublin B Championship last Sunday with victory over Ballinteer St Johns at O’Toole Park. The final score was 0-11 to 0-04. Ba é an captaen ná Colman O Drisceoil,muinteor go leor imreori sa seomra ranga agus ar an pháirc.
- Good luck next weekend to the Adult Footballers who are bidding for revenge against St Brigids in the Intermediate Football Championship last 16 in a repeat of last years county final. Throw in at O’Toole park is set for Saturday 2.30pm. All support welcome in what is sure to be a cracker. Then on Sunday at 3pm in Bohernabreena out Junior team continue on their championship trail with a tough assignment versus St Anne’s. If you get a chance get out and support the lads.
- Hard luck to the Minor A footballers who gave a great account of themselves against a Castleknock side packed with Dublin minor talent at Shankhill on Sunday morning but just went down by 0-14 to 1-09. We came out the wrong side of a similar single score margin as the B team could not quite peg back Kilmacud Crokes in the D Championship.
- Last weekend saw the Under 16A Footballers record a comprehensive away win over St Brigids in the league while the B Footballers were awarded a walkover against Lucan Sarsfield. This weekend sees both U16 teams in Hurling Championship Semi Finals. At U16’s only 3 Clubs in Dublin field 2 Hurling teams ourselves, Na Fianna and Ballyboden, the A’s face St. Vincents in Shankill while the B’s are away to Raheny (St Annes Pitch 10) both matches are Saturday at 3:30pm and all support is greatly appreciated.
- The Family Fun Day was a great success at Hyde Road on Sunday last and well done to all who helped make it happen. It was great to see the younger sections doing their bit. The crowds may have been down a bit but there was no shortage of buzz and excitement.There were All-Ireland winners taking turns in goal and on the speed gun and poor hamsters running for cover. Hope all those fish made it home!
- Well done to the U8 boys who had a great blitz to open up the day, welcoming teams from Kilmacud, Ballyboden and Ballinteer.
All for this week,
Cuala Club Communications