https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png 0 0 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Webmaster2011-08-25 20:07:572014-02-15 23:53:42Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons,
Hope you all had a good summer and what a summer it has been for Dublin GAA in both codes. With that in mind we wish Michael Fitzsimons and the Dublin Senior Footballers the best of luck as they strive to reach that Promised Land to meet the Kingdom!
- Well done to the 2000 group hurlers who replaced the U12 Division 1 shield won by the 1998’s at last year’s Camáint finals, with the U11 Division 2 shield at Parnell Park last weekend. There was a nice write-up and pictures in the Evening Herald on Tuesday. Well done to all the boys on lifting what will surely be the first of many trophies for them.
- All the Juvenile Boys groups will be back training by now or starting back this week. Training schedules on grass are as they were before the summer break and there will be a weekly email to mentors starting on Monday with any necessary changes to the pitch allocation week by week. Juvenile Boys groups are reminded they must send their requests for Winter training slots to Rob Hartnett by next Monday so that the overall allocation can be considered and agreed with the coaching department.
- As you may know, Friday night Cuala Socials (discos to you and me) for 1st and 2nd years have been all the rage over the last few months. One takes place tomorrow night Friday 26th in the hall from 8 until 11.As with all events it always works better the more help is available so please come and help with supervision if you can. Just turn up and we’ll get you invovled.
- Good Luck to team manager Willie Braine and 6 Cuala U16’s, namely Andrew Murphy, Sean Drummond, Jack Behan, Kyle Braine, Sean Treacy and Sean Brennan who have been selected to represent the Dublin U16 Hurlers in the prestigious Arrabawn Tournament this weekend in Tipperary. Dublin have been drawn in the “Group of Death” with Clare and Tipperary. The Dublin U16 footballers are in the final of Gerry Reilly tournament vs Westmeath down in Oldcastle on the 4th September at 7:30pm and ably represented by Cuala players Kevin Killian, Killion Sheanon and Conor Murphy.
- Good luck to team managers John Twomey, John Paul Byrne and the Dublin U14 Hurlers who are in the Forristal Tournament this weekend, Several Cuala players are involved including Justin Byrne, Dara Twomey, Jack LaHart and David Ryan.
- The U16 footballers are top of the league in both hurling and football and have a great chance of doing another fantastic double. Good luck lads.
- As is our tradition, we will be holding a Corporate lunch this year on the Friday 18th September before the All-Ireland Football final.I’ll fill you in on details as they emerge but its a wonderful day with great entertainment and great company. Its a great way to entertain clients or just to come along with a bunch of friends or fellow mentors and enjoy the atmosphere.
- Welcome back to all but especially to one Rory Cole returning after a serious injury in the U21 Hurling championship final in 2010.
All for this week
Cuala Club Communications