https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/casino.jpg 142 643 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Webmaster2011-03-24 23:23:032014-02-15 23:53:42Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Hope you all had a great St.Patrick’s weekend – so now back to business:
- Fresh after their victory over neighbours Kilmacud Crokes the U14 Camogie team will take on Good Counsel on Saturday in Meadow Vale at 12-30.
- Coláiste Íosagáin will play in the All Ireland Post Primary Senior “B” Schools Championship Semi-Final Thursday 24th March in Mullahoran GAA Club at 1pm V Loreto College Letterkenny. Coláiste Íosagáin beat Eureka, Kells, Co. Meath in Kilbride GAA Grounds on 15th March by 2 -13 to 2- 9 to take the Leinster Post Primary Senior “B” Final Cup back to Stillorgan for the first time! The school team includes players from Cuala – Sally Ní Chiarnáin, Shannon Huggard, Sadhbh Ní Dhochartaigh, Elinor Ní Dhochartaigh, Martha Ní Bhroinn, Alannah Ní Chuinn, Máire Ní Shéaináin, Hannah Ní Fhionn, Leonie Ní Bhuachalla, Shauna Hudson, Siobhán Ní Cheallaigh, Doireann Ní Mhatúna, Aoife Ní Chroidhéan and Rachel De Stanlaigh. Also on the team are players from Crokes, Foxrock Cabinteely, Scoil Uí Chonaill, ‘DBden and Bray Emmets, but Cuala have the largest representation. Go n-éirí an t-ádh libh.
- Last weekend saw double home wins for the U16A and B Footballers. The A’s bet St.Brigids 4-12 to 2-3 while the B’s saw off Lucan 7-13 to 2-7.This weekend it’s hurling with the A’s at home on Saturday in Shankill at 3:30 to Naomh OP/ER and the B’s away to Naomh Barróg.
- Minor A footballers unlucky to lose by a point to a strong Sylvesters team last Sunday. Good performance all around. 4 Minor hurlers featured for Dublin in the recent opening of the new Castleknock complex v Tipperary:Cian O’Callaghan,Colm Cronin,Ben Errity and Ross Tierney while 2 others have been selected for the under 17 county squad,Cillian O’Farrel and Jack O’Faolain. A talented crop of players. The Minor Hurling Team are playing Whitehall in a Divi 1 league match on Sunday in Shankill at 10:30am. They hope to keep up their good run of results of late having a win and a draw from their last two games.
- 3 Adult Football Matches in Dalkey this Sunday – all support welcome
- 10.30 Seniors v Fingallians
- 12.00 Junior A v O’Tooles
- 3.00 Junior B v Fingallians
- Cuala Adult Hurling got off to a very good start in their leagues this week. The Cuala 2nd and 3rd hurling teams had impressive wins over Faughs and Craobh Ciaran respectively, while the Cuala Senior Hurlers achieved a well-earned draw against Ballyboden. The senior hurlers also won an entertaining, high-scoring challenge match, 5-19 to 5-18, against St. Martin’s of Kilkenny. The match was played under lights at IADT on Tuesday night, with tea and sandwiches back in the Cuala Bar. Adult Hurling Training continues with physical training sessions at Hyde Park on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7:15 p.m. and hurling sessions on Saturday mornings at 10:45 p.m. To date all session have been excellent and very well attended. All Adult Hurlers are encouraged to continue their committment to training and to be sure to be there on time.
- Reminder on the Mick Holden Memorial Golf Classic (MHMGC) will be held again this year at Woodbrook Golf Club on Friday, 15 April. Cost per Team of 4:€300, Hole Sponsorship: €100, Corporate Team: €400 (includes hole sponsorship). If you wish to participate in the event please contact any of the individuals listed below: Contact:
- After week 1 of the Cuala Last Man Standing their are 25 players still in the game.Have a look at the excel sheet to see who is left to match your managerial wits against. The boxes highlighted in red are players through to next round which is 2nd April with Internationals on this week. So please text or email your team to willie braine 0860266506 or email@example.com before friday night at 9 O’Clock on 1st April. Which is Week 31 of the premiership which is attached.Thank you to all who entered Last Man Standing your support is really appreciated.Kkeep an eye out for the GAA Last Man Standing to follow.
- For those parents wondering how to occupy the time of the precious youngster, look no further than the attached Easter Camp form.
Until next week – slán
Cuala Club Communications