https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2014-12-12 17:40:242014-12-12 17:40:24Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Last Newsletter of 2014 with a few things to wrap up yet!
- Congratulations to the Minor Camogie team who won their C championship semi-final against Lucan Sarsfields last Sunday. After a 2nd half comeback from Lucan at a bitterly cold Meadow Vale, Cuala pushed ahead in the final quarter to run out 3-9 to 3-4 winners. So now the Final is set for Friday night under lights as they face Kilmacud Crokes – its a 730 throw in at Bray Emmets all weather pitch. The support from around the club for the girls has been brilliant in recent weeks and we need a big crowd down the road in Bray again on Friday. Hot soup and sambos for all back in the Cuala Bar afterwards. Its been a brilliant few weeks for this group comprising 96, 97 and 98 players. See you all on Friday – sure where else would you be?
- Cuala Ladies Committee are still looking for expressions of interest from suitable persons who are interested in managing or coaching any of these teams in 2015. We need managers forLadies Football first teamLadies Football second teamAdult Camogie team. If you wish to express an interest in any of these positions please submit your application to the Ladies Secretary, Eimear Huggard email@example.com Saturday 20th December 2014.
- Congratulations also to Cuala’s Oisin Gough and Conor Mullally who made it on to the Grassroots GAA AHL1/AHL2 and AFL1/AFL2 2014 Team Selections respectively.
- Cuala Adult Footballers will play an International Challenge against Manhattan Gaels on December 21st in Hyde Park. Reception in the clubhouse to follow.
- The annual singles versus marrieds game will be on Saturday 27th December in Hyde Pk. If you don’t know what it is, you need to come take a look. No bangers allowed !
- Tickets for GAA National Draw are being distributed this week through the various sections of the club. This is a great way of raising funds for your section as half of what you raise goes back to the section. The prizes are absolutely brilliant , where would you get a trip to New York for €10.00 ? The tickets also make great Christmas and Birthday gifts- just imagine waking up on Christmas morning and knowing you could be a winner in the draw in February. For more information contact Eamon McGurk on 0857237001
- A big thank you to the 1999 boys for their support in the Christmas Festival in Shankill last Sunday, also thanks to all those that baked, some fine bakers in Cuala! We are in a position to give a significant donation to St Vincent De Paul in Shankill and to the Stradbrook project.
- Academy Christmas Raffle Tickets, priced €2 each, will be sold by our young Academy members at training week with some great prizes donated by Academy parents.
- Wish you all a happy and peaceful Christmas
All for this week and this Year. CWN will return in January.