Hello Cuala Patrons A historic win last Sunday say Cuala footballers ascend to the top flight of Dublin Senior football for the first time in the Club’s History
- A historic day last Sunday, as Cuala deservedly reached the top flight of Dublin football by beating Lucan 2-14 to 3-05 . Full match report on the website so take a peek but congratulations to the team and management consisting of Willie Braine, Des Cahill, Aidan McMahon and Paul Jago.
- Following 3 victories within 8 days, including an epic 2-7 to 3-0 victory over local rivals Kilmacud last Sunday, our Minor Camogie team take on Lucan B in the Minor C Camogie championship semi final in Meadow Vale on Sunday at 11am. This promises to be a cracker as the Cuala team, comprising girls from the 1996,97 and 98 age groups, look to make another significant step forward for Cuala camogie. Now that most other competitions have drawn to a close, we’d love to see a really good crowd in Meadow Vale on Sunday so as the minor camogie girls can capitalise on home advantage. See you there!
- Congratulations to Cuala’s Sinead Murphy who was awarded Division 1 player of the year by Dublin Camogie.
- Calling All Bakers – The 99 boys need you to bake as many cakes as possible to sell in a stall at the Shankill Christmas Festival on Sunday the 7th of December. Damien (086 3855133) and Eamonn (085 7237001) can collect your cakes on Saturday or Sunday morning.
- The Adult Ladies Football and Camogie sections have been the fastest growing area of our club over the past number of years. All the hard work and commitment from Juvenille Girls players and mentors alike is now starting to pay dividends at adult level and next year we will field two Adult Ladies Football teams and one Adult Camogie team. Cuala Ladies Committee are now looking for expressions of interest from suitable persons who are interested in managing or coaching any of these teams in 2015. We need managers for
- Ladies Football first team
- Ladies Football second team
- Adult Camogie team
If you wish to express an interest in any of these positions please submit your application to the Ladies Secretary, Eimear Huggard email@example.com before Saturday 20th December 2014. You may submit an application for more than one position but please indicate clearly which Team(s) you are applying to manage. It takes time, commitment, dedication and possibly even a little bit of madness to run a team but the rewards are massive so please don’t be backward in coming forward!
Go n-éirí go geal le Scoil Lorcáin le hAonach na Nollag i mbliana a bheidh i Halla Cuala, Deilginis ar an 7 Nollaig 2-5 in. All Cuala members and their families are invited. .
- Item for your special attention: A lunch is being organised for people in the Dun Laoghaire area who have been affected by homelessness, poverty and isolation. We are doing it on a zero budget and with the support of Cuala donations. We need donations in the form of Christmas Crackers, tins of biscuits, shoebox gifts (hats, scarfs, gloves, warm socks, toiletries like toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, bodywash, face cloths). If you think you could put together such a gift pack please contact Ken Fitz on 087-6830296.
- Academy Christmas Raffle Tickets, priced €2 each, will be sold by our young Academy members from next week in IADT and Hyde Pk. with some great prizes donated by Academy parents.
- If you’re short of Christmas ideas for the kids, don’t forget things like Cuala socks, Cuala skorts/shorts, shin guards or water bottles. All available from the Cuala shop or Elverys in Dun Laoghaire
One more newsletter before the end of the year. Slán Tadhg Murphy Cuala Communications