Hello Cuala Patrons
Newsletter is a bit later than usual this week because gremlins got in the website:
- After a tremendous year for the U15 Hurlers, during which they secured two trophies for the club, last Sunday’s Division 1 U15 Hurling League Semi Final replay slipped out of their grasp. The Lads went down fighting to a strong Lucan side played in Bray Emmets grounds. Thanks to all that came along for their support on the day, the lads really appreciated it.
- Best of luck to our U21 footballer who play Ballyboden on Saturday at 2:30 in Pairc Ui Murchu. Best of luck too to Our Senior Footballers, who play Round Towers at home in the AFL2 Promotion semi-final next Sunday at 11am. Come on down and support the lads!
- Cuala are delighted to welcome Manhattan Gaels to Dalkey for an international challenge match on Sunday 21st December at 2 p.m. in Hyde Pk. It’s Manhattan Gaels’ first game on Irish soil so let’s all come down and give them a big Cuala welcome. Reception in the club house to follow.
- Best wishes to Cuala’s Shane O’Brien in his new role as Dublin Senior Camogie Manager.
- Cuala Coaching are running a Foundation Award Coaching course on 4th, 5th,& 6th December in Cuala. Times are 7-10 on the Thursday and Friday evenings and 9.00-1 on the Saturday. Places on the course are limited but there is plenty of room for now. A lot of coaches in the club have done this course already and highly recommend it. It’s very enjoyable, enlightening and good fun. Anyone involved in coaching/station master/mentoring or just interested in doing so will find it well worth their while. Book at firstname.lastname@example.org, contact Ken Fitzgerald at 087-6830296 or contact any of the coaching team.
- The Adult Ladies sections have been the fastest growing area of our club over the past number of years. All the hard work and commitment from Juvenille Girls players and mentors alike is now starting to pay dividends at adult level and next year we will field two Adult Ladies Football teams and one Adult Camogie team. Cuala Ladies Committee are now looking for expressions of interest from suitable persons who are interested in managing or coaching any of these teams in 2015.
- Ladies Football first team
- Ladies Football second team
- Adult Camogie team
If you wish to express an interest in any of these positions please submit your application to the Ladies Secretary, Eimear Huggard email@example.com before Sunday 30th November 2014. You may submit an application for more than one position but please indicate clearly which Team(s) you are applying to manage. It takes time, commitment, dedication and possibly even a little bit of madness to run a team but the rewards are massive so please don’t be shy in coming forward!
- It has been 25 years since our Senior Hurlers won their first Dublin County Championship back in 1989. We are having a reunion to mark the occasion with a Golf Outing in Woodbrook GC on Friday 21st of November. The Tee is booked from 11am to 12:30 pm. A meal in the Club Bar in Dalkey will follow the days Golf at approx 6pm. We welcome all Cuala members and friends too attend the event but make a special appeal to the players and managements to get in touch Please contact any of the below for further information: Vinnie Holden: 0862561453, PJ Holden: 0860609247, Karl Schutte: 0862545759, Harry Roberts: 0862550775, Dayo Byrne 0866040998.
- The Juvenile Girls AGM on Tuesday celebrated a great year for the club with the 2001 girls capturing the clubs first Division One success and teams from all age groups competing in the later stages of the tournaments they entered. Numbers and engagement in the Girls section are climbing rapidly,and Chair Karen O’Connor paid particular tribute to Barbara O’Reilly, Trish Madden, Siobhan Murphy, Colm Small, Jo O’Connor and Orla Tallon who having done tremendous work over many years. Well done all – keep up the good work.
- If anyone found a childs red and white helmut in Holychild in the last month with the name lochlann07 written in blue on the side, the forgetful young man in question and parents would be very grateful. Please call Jackie on 087 9849183
Slán go foill