https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202.png Cuala Webmaster2014-11-06 22:09:352014-11-06 22:09:35Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
AGM time is looming in all sections, so committee members are needed to pull on their boots and tog out for 2015:
- Congratulations to the U15 B footballers who claimed the 2014 ‘D’ Shield last Sunday by beating Ballyboden St Endas in Thomastown. This is a terrific win for the lads and their dedicated mentors Eamonn McGuirke and Damian McKeown and is pay back for all their hard work and determination in competitions over the years. A huge thanks for the great support obtained from the 00’s and their mentors too throughout the season. U15 hurlers take on Lucan in their league division 1 semi final replay next Sunday in Shankill at 12:30. Support would be most welcome.
- Last weekend saw Cuala camogie teams playing in no less than five championship and shield finals. Teams in every age group from adult down to under 13 qualified for a range of finals – a great reflection of all the hard work being put in at all levels with Cuala camogie teams. The Finals were at Adult, U16,U15, U14 and U13 levels and whilst the weekend produced great displays, there was just the one trophy.
But how appropriate was that trophy ! Fintan Quill, the spiritual leader of the female games section in Cuala, managed the adult camogie team to a Division 7 shield title. After a seven year wait since our last trophy at adult camogie level, a new look Cuala team brought home the Adult 7 Championship Shield to Hyde Park last weekend after a comprehensive win against Erins Isle in the final. Made up of this year’s minor panel, 5 U16s and 5 ‘over 18s’, the full team really rose to the occasion leaving their best display of the year to last with a 4-15 to 0-1 victory. Having only returned to adult competition this summer the win is a great bonus and augers well for next season when we return to the adult leagues. The Girls are Back!
- Good luck to the minor ladies football team playing in the shield final on Sunday against St Pats. Throw in at 1.45 in Donabate.
- The Minor footballers are in the last round of the group stages of the Championship. The As face Kilmacud Crokes in Silverpark while the Bs face St. Pats in Hyde Rd both at 11am. Good luck to both and wishing Con O’Callaghan a full recovery from a knee injury.
- Minor Section AGM will be held on Wednesday 12th at 9pm in the bar.
- Best of luck to the U21 footballers on Saturday who face Ballyboden in Pairc Ui Murchu. This Friday, there is an open invite for all Cuala members for a Cuala Stradbrook social and information evening in the Cuala bar from 8pm – late. We will have “cheese and wine” as well as the usual bar refreshments. We will have some draws and prizes e.g. dinner plus B&B for 2 in Druids Glen resort ( http://www.druidsglenresort.com/ ). The Stradbrook committee members will be there to answer any and all questions. So this is an opportunity to discuss with your fellow Cuala members the next steps in the plan to invest in new facilities for Cuala.
Sin a bhfuil