https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2014-10-23 21:54:102014-10-23 21:54:37Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Congratulations to the U13 Girls who are county champions and some important social events coming up soon:
- The U13 Girls won the U13 Division 1 Ladies Football Final on Saturday against Ballyboden 3-5 to 1-3. Having overcome St Sylvesters, Lucan, Na Fianna and Kilmacud in earlier rounds and Ballyboden in the final Cuala U13 girls are deserving County Champions.
- Hard luck to the under 16 girls who lost out to Clontarf in the Division 1 Football Shield Final last Sunday. The Cuala girls battled bravely but Clontarf adapted better to the blustery conditions and were deserving winners on a 5-6 to 2-5 scoreline. The 1998s did themselves proud on their last football outing before moving on to the minor section. They now play the Division 1 Camogie shield final on Saturday November 1st.
If anyone comes across a green/brown bag containing sliotars and cones that was left outside Hyde Park last Tuesday please let Fintan Q know (086-8197352).
- Hard luck to the U15B hurlers who lost out to Round Towers Lusk in their league semi final last Sunday. They now concentrate on their upcoming Football shield final 2/11. Good performance by the U15 A hurlers in their league division semi final, Lucan needed a last minute 65 to draw the game and force a replay. Home venue for Cuala in replay and we’ll keep all posted on this continuing thriller.
- Minor Footballers are in Championship action on Sunday with the As facing St Maurs in Shankill at 11am while the Bs travel to Crumlin.
- Best wishes to our Adult Camogie team who play in the Senior 7 Championship Shield semi final this Sunday. Cuala play St. Finians from Swords in Meadowvale at 11am. All support very welcome.
- It has been 25 years since our Senior Hurlers won their first Dublin County Championship back in 1989. We are having a reunion to mark the occasion with a Golf Outing in Woodbrook GC on Friday 21st of November. The Tee is booked from 11am to 12:30 pm. A meal in the Club Bar in Dalkey will follow the days Golf at approx 6pm. We welcome all Cuala members and friends too attend the event but make a special appeal to the players and managements to get in touch.
Please contact any of the below for further information: Vinnie Holden: 0862561453, PJ Holden: 0860609247, Karl Schutte: 0862545759, Harry Roberts: 0862550775 or Damien Byrne 0866040998. You can inspect the complete match programme for Cuala v St. Vincents 1989 County Final here and marvel at the familiar names that adorned the team sheet. Press Cuttings – previewing and Reporting the 1989 Final.
We also remember those who unfortunately have since passed away Brendan Ryan, Stephen ‘Soss’ Byrne and Mick Holden all of whom made memorable contributions to Cuala and Dublin.
- Céilí na Samhna, Cuala Halloween Céilí, Fun for all the family Saturday 1st November 7-9 pm. Prizes for best dressed and best pumpkin. €10 per family and light refreshments provided.
- The lotto wasn’t won so next week’s jackpot will be €1200. Our three €50 lucky dip winners were Eric Tomkins, Donal Lehmann and Paul Doyle. Tickets can be bought online at https://cualagaa.ie/lotto.
- There is a quiz in the Cuala Hall on Sunday 26th in aid of Special Olympics, being run by students of DIT. All Cuala support would be most welcome for this deserving charity.
- Please put Saturday Nov. 8th in your diary for a social and fun night out with Cuala members. We will have a surprise guest with lots of festivities/prizes at the event. So keep it in your diary and you’ll get more information over the weekend. Thanks to the Cuala Stradbrook Committee who have organised.
No newsletter next week as yours truly is is away.