https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2014-10-16 22:06:352014-10-16 22:07:43Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons,
The scary masks and costumes will be coming out soon but plenty of action still on the fields :
- Cuala Under 13 girls football team play Ballyboden in the U13 Division 1 County Final on Saturday at 3:30pm in Ballyboden. The match is on the pitches across the road from Ballyboden’s clubhouse on Firhouse Road. All support is most welcome particularly given Ballyboden are at home and will have a large number of supporters.
- Good luck to the Under 16 Girls (1998s) who play Clontarf at 330 on Sunday in the U16A Football Shield Final at St Annes Park No 34. All support welcome for the girls as they defend this title they also won at Under 15. The same group, aided by some 1999s, won the Under 16A Camogie Shield Semi Final last weekend against Good Counsel and will now play the camogie final on November 1st against Ballinteer St Johns – details tba.
- Congrats to the Under 14B lads (2000s) who after a strong finish to the season secured second place in Football League Division 7 and a promotion place. The Cuala lads also got to their Feile final last May … so a great season comes to a successful end for the Under 14Bs.
- Congrats to the U15 A hurlers on their win in the A Shield final over Naomh Barróg last Sunday week (match report and photos can be seen on Cuala website). Hard luck to the U15 A footballers on gallant effort in their A championship 1/4 final against St. Vincents in Thomastown last Sunday. We wish the U15 A & B hurlers all the very best as they take on Lucan and Round Towers (Lusk) in their respective division 1 and 4 league semi finals this Sunday.
- Minor A footballers were beaten by Na Fianna on a 2-12 to 2-9 scoreline in last Sunday’s championship fixture in Shankill. It was a very good all around performance and on another day it was a match we could have won. Well done to first year minors Dara Collopy and Enda Kelly who kept their highly rated direct opponents on a tight leash in a youthful full back line. Excellent performances by Jake Malone and Diarmuid Sexton. The team is still very much in the frame and their next outing is also in Shankill on Sunday week against St. Maurs.
- Well done to the Senior footballers who had a great win over Clontarf on Wednesday last and now face St.Maurs on Saturday evening at 5pm in Rush.
- The Annula Cuala Céilí na Samhna – Cuala Halloween Céilí will take place 7.00 – 9.00 Saturday 1st November in the Cuala Hall. There’ll be fun for all the family with music, dancing and prizes for best/worst dressed and the 2nd Annual Cuala Pumpkin Carving Competition. Bígí linn.
- There is a Stradbrook Project information evening in the Killiney Castle. If you don’t feel you know enough to make your pledge, join us on Friday 24th of October for a club social night in Killiney Castle. Ask the questions you have of those who can give you a straight answer. We’ll be there from 8-30pm.
- There is a quiz in the Cuala Hall on Sunday 26th in aid of Special Olympics, being run by students of DIT. All Cuala support would be most welcome for this deserving charity.
- There will be a Cuala Social (disco) on Friday 24th in the Cuala Hall. We would be delighted if any adult members could lend a hand. These Socials are a fantastic earner for the club but we need the volunteers to make it work. Please contact Zita if you can help on 087 2235677.
All for this week
Tadhg Murphy Cuala Communications