https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2014-10-09 21:58:492014-10-09 21:58:49Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Back to training under lights, cold nights and still plenty of championship action:
- The U13A Girls football team played with great resolve and beat Kilmacud by a point 2-11 to 3-7 in the U13 Division 1 Cup/Championship semi final on Saturday. The girls now play Ballyboden in the County Final on the 18th. The U13B Girls(with help from the U12s) football team play Na Fianna in Collinstown in the U13 Division 5B Cup semi-final this Saturday at 3pm.
- After the excitement of extra-time draw the first time around , the Senior footballers finally pushed past Naomh Mearnog last Saturday evening on a tight scoreline of 2-14 to 1-16 . They now meet either St.Maurs or Clontarf in the semi-final. Well done to the 3rd team who won AFL9 last weekend with a perfect record of 15 wins from 15 starts. The final match last Sunday was a victory over close neighbours Geraldine Patrick Morans which was followed by trophy presentation and a Bar-B-Que and refreshments in the Clubhouse. A special thanks to Sherry Fitzgerald for their kind sponsorship of the 3rd Footballers new kit. Read the match report on the website here https://cualagaa.ie/2014/10/3rd-footballers-win-league-with-15-wins-from-15-matches/
- The Minor As and Bs resume their football championship campaign in Shankill at 11 on Sunday. The As play against Na Fianna and the Bs play Ballyboden. All support welcome.
The Minor A hurlers lost out to Na Fianna in a tight game last Sunday. Having fallen behind early to several soft frees – Cuala lads clawed their way back into the game to level with 10 mins on the clock. But the concession of a late goal made it a bridge too far. The Bs had a better day by beating St. Vincent ans so march on.
- The U21 footballers are going to Galway on Saturday to play two matches against Salthill/Knocknacarra. 41 players and 5 managers are travelling.
- Beidh Céilí na Samhna ar siúl i Halla Cuala Dé Sathairn 1 Samhain 7-9in. Is iad Cailíní 2004 atá á eagrú. The Annula Cuala Céilí na Samhna – Cuala Halloween Céilí will take place 7.00 – 9.00 Saturday 1st November in the Cuala Halla. Fun for all the family. Prizes for bes/worstt dressed. Incorprating 2nd Annual Cuala Pumpkin Carving Competition.
- The Cuala shop is now stocking Cultec Fibre Glass hurls at cheaper prices than on their own website and you won’t have to worry about paying for postage as they are just down in the shop.
All for this week