https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2014-10-02 22:13:042014-10-03 16:39:54Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
The road came to an end for the Senior Hurlers and Martha but not without some optimisim looking forward.
- Hard luck to the Senior Hurlers who lost out by a single point versus Ballyboden last Sunday in SHC. Martha Byrne and the Dublin ladies suffered a similar fate at the hands of a strongly-finishing Cork side in the All Ireland Football Final. Still the future for both teams is very bright and in common- they both came up against wily champions who have the benefit of experience. The Senior hurlers and footballer are beginning to benefit from the massive work put into the underage sections, development squads and intercounty teams. Similarly our ladies Football and Camogie sections are flying so we have much to look forward in future years. .
- Good win for Minor A footballers in their championship match against St. Vincents away last Sunday on a 1-16 to 1-08 scoreline. Impressive all round performance by the lads. Niall O’Callaghan got MOTM from that esteemed pundit P. Murdock and good performances also by Con O’Callaghan, Jake Malone, Donal Lane, Gavin Hartnett, Enda Kelly and Diarmuid Sexton.
Minor Hurlers are in action on Sunday with the As facing the mighty Na Fianna at home in Shankill in A-Championship while the Bs travel to St.Vincents , both 11am throw-ins.
- The U13 girls playing Division 1 Camogie followed up a very good home win against Good Counsel the previous weekend with an excellent performance away to league leaders Lucan. The girls lost but were competitive to the end. This weekend the U13A girls football team play Kilmacud in the U13 Division 1 Cup/Championship semi final in Meadowvale on Saturday at 4pm. All support is welcome. The following weekend the U13B girls(with help from the U12s) football team play Na Fianna away in their U13 Division 5B Cup semi-final.
- Well done to the Cuala 2002 Green team who played a fantastic hurling match against a good Lucan Sarsfields team last Sat morning. Both teams played their hearts out with great sportsmanship and plenty of points and goals on both sides. The managers gave both teams plenty of positive coaching and encouragement as they paced the sidelines, and the parents enjoyed every minute of a great game with stunning saves, lots of passing, superb high catches, dogged defence work and teamwork to set up scores. Dont normally include pictures,but this is one for the scrapbook if your in it
- The girls minor teams and the Club in general would like to offer our sincere sympathies to John McKeown and family on the sad death of his sister Ita
- The Cuala Coaching Department, in conjunction with Dublin GAA Games Development, are holding a Foundation Award Coaching course on 9th, 10th & 11th October in Cuala. Book at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Ken Fitzgerald at 087-6830296 or any of the coaching team.
- I hope you have all seen the communication .re Stradbrook. Here is a link to further information. Its now time for the general Club to get behind it as the organisers and planners have been working diligently in the background. Details here :https://cualagaa.ie/2014/09/cuala-stradbrook-your-clubs-future/
Sin a bhfuil