Hello Cuala Patrons
Big weekend in the GAA Calendar with Kerry and Donegal doing battle on Sunday in the All Ireland Final. Don’t mind the Sunday game, the real analysis will be done at Cuala Corporate Lunch in Jurys on Friday afternoon:
- Thanks to all who supported and organised the Cuala Corporate Lunch tomorrow. It should be a great event and we have a great line-up. Des Cahill will be doing the MC honours so we can expect a bit of lively debate over the spuds!
- Well done to our Senior Hurlers who beat Craobh Chiaran 2-16 to 1-08 in SHC and now face Ballyboden in the quarter-finals. Match reports on the website.
- The new Cuala Academy Intake – children born in 2009 start this Saturday in the Cuala Hall in Dalkey, 9.00am for boys and 11.00am for girls. We still have places available, so please spread the word to parents you know who may be interested.
- The 01 Girls are having a recycling fundraiser on Sat 27th September. You can leave all your clean, unwanted clothes , bed linen, towels, curtains, shoes , bags, belts and soft toys (no duvets or pillows please) at Hyde Rd. between 12 and 2 p.m. on the day.
- On Saturday the Under 13A Girls football team played brilliantly to win their away Division 1 Cup/Championship fixture against Na Fianna. The girls finished top of their group earning a home semi-final against Kilmacud on the 4th of October.
- Good luck to the U16 Hurlers who take on Ballyboden in the A championship next Saturday in Ballycullen at 3 p.m. The Minor-A hurlers take on Naomh Fionnbarra on Sunday morning in Pope John Paul Park, Cabra while the B’s face Peregrines in Shankill, both at 10:30am. All support welcome.
- Is your Junior Certer / Leaving Certer struggling with Maths ? Are you considering grinds? Then you should take a look at http:www.missiontuition.ie – a company offering maths grinds from Cuala’s own Sean Drummond. Discounts too for Cuala members. Contact Sean on 085 1168838 or book through the link above.
- Cuala 1st year social discos are back on with the first of the post-summer season on Friday 26th. Details on the Cuala website. This is a vital fund-raiser for the club and to make it work, we need adult helpers . If you could spare a few hours on the evening of the 26th, please contact Zita if you can help on 087 223 5677.
- Dublin will play in the TG4 All Ireland Senior final in Croke Park on Sunday 28th September. The Cuala girls are hoping to go in and support the DUBS and Cuala’s own Martha Byrne. We are looking for any premium level tickets that you or anyone you know might have access to, but don’t plan on using. If you think you might have tickets for us could you contact Jenny on 0868417635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know how many tickets you think you will have.
All for this week – enjoy the games