Hello Cuala Patrons
The midges are biting, the fish are biting and Suarez is going home! Must be summer. Last newsletter before the summer break :
- Congratulations to the 2004 Boys. A fantastic day was had in the warrens of Sandyford Industrial Estate last Sunday as 2 teams were sent to the Naomh Olafs U10 Football Blitz tournament. Our rising stars showed great skills, spirit and determination throughout the dat. The competitions featured some of our regular Dublin competition in the form of Kilmacud Crokes, Naomh Olafs and Foxrock Geraldine Morans, and also some form further afield – Wicklow, Kildare and Wexford were represented by Bray Emmets, Naomh Eanna, Eire Og, Newbridge and Stars of Erinn. Both our Cuala teams played well, with only 1 match lost in the group stages between them, and both teams winning their Finals. Well done to the boys, and congratulations also to Naomh Olafs who it has to be said hosted a fantastic event.
- Our adult Camogie team made it two wins out of two in the Dublin Camogie Summer Cup with a very impressive win over Round Towers Clondalkin in Meadowvale last Tuesday on a scoreline of 8-13 to 3-04. Missing 9 of the team that won their opening game, Cuala still had a panel of 19 on the night showing the real strength in depth of the squad. The team are away to St Marks in Tallaght for their next game on Tuesday 1st July.
- Good win for the senior hurlers against NaFianna during the week in the Senior Hurling League.
- Congrats to Con O’Callaghan, Jake Malone and the Dublin Minor hurlers who are now in the Leinster MHC final following a nail-biting win last Saturday over Wexford. The winning score came in the 2nd minute of injury time. Well done to goal-scoring Colm Cronin, Cian O’Callaghan, Sean Brennan and the Dublin U21s who are also in the Leinster final. With the Senior hurlers also in the Leinster Senior final again, it indicates the strength and quality of hurling in the Capital.
- Many of you would have had the pleasure of walking around the Blackrock RC Stradbrook Rd grounds recently to view the site. There are several stories in the press, most of them speculative. This project is very much “on” and hard work continues in the background to make this a successful outcome for both clubs. There are lots of details to sort and thats why its taking time. Over the next months, we will be looking for volunteers to help with various aspects of the project and, needless to say, we will need to fund-raise. Stay tuned.
All from me – enjoy the summer and enjoy the games!