https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2014-06-19 22:29:082014-06-19 22:29:08Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Great sight all week in Hyde Rd as the next generation of GAA Superstars take the field:
- If only the ‘Real All Ireland’ was this Sunny! Up to 1,500 junior Academy players will join in the fun this Saturday 21st June for the Annual Cuala Mini All Ireland. This Cuala calendar highlight attracts children from all over South Dublin. This year over 50 matches take place, culminating in the spectacular parade through Dalkey Village on the morning of Sat 21st,which is led by the mounted police and a marching band. You dont get that in Croker! Conor Mulally u21 Dublin Footballer and Cian O’Callaghan, Senior Dublin Hurler dropped into Mini All Ireland Training at Cuala GAA Academy to lend a hand to the kids getting ‘match fit’ for the forthcoming Finals Day.
This year’s Mini All Ireland is bigger than ever with two new partners Hunter’s Estate and Investec, ensuring more fun & games on finals day for all the family! Don’t forget Gaelic 4 Mothers and Gaelic 4 Dads will be hosting their own Mini All Irelands on Saturday after the Academy games. If you would like to play just show up at approx 12.30. Hope to see down there on Saturday!
- The long-awaited Cuala return to adult camogie after an absence of almost 7 years finally happened this week. The team, an amalgamation of ex-adult camogie players, ladies footballers, minors and U16s, made a winning start to the D6/7 Summer Cup with a very impressive victory away to Liffey Gaels on a scoreline of 01-12 to 02-02. Cuala led from start to finish and it was hard to believe it was the first adult game for the majority of the team. Congratulations and well done to all concerned. We do it all again next Tuesday 24th in Meadowvale at 7.30pm in our first home game. As much support as possible is encouraged so if you want a break from the World Cup you know where to go!
- Congratulation to Caitriona Murphy and Martha Byrne who represented Cuala on the Dublin U21 ladies football panel that beat Meath last Sunday in the Aisling McGing cup final. This is the first time that Dublin have won this U21 All Ireland Championship. Its great to be able to add another 2 All Ireland Medals to our clubs awards and achievements. Well done girls.
Martha Byrne and the Dublin Senior Ladies now start their campaign to defend their Leinster Championship title this Sunday. Its great to see Martha back from an injury she received at the start of the year. Best of luck to her and the Senior Dublin Ladies.
- Eamon McGurk and ISS team would like to say a very big THANK YOU to the Cuala support /sponsorship for the Hell and Baclk challenge. Aoibheanns Pink Tie will benefit hugely from you.The total amount raised will be know by the end of next week. Donations etc. can still be made as the I Donate ISS link/website will be live for the next while. Aoibheans Pink Tie have also been entered into the Cuala Lotto for the next 12 months.
- There is a walk-about in Stradbrook Rd at 7:30 Friday 20th June and a chance to examine the proposed site and facitilites. We would encourage everyone to come along and take a look. This is a major project and we need everyone’s support.
- The Adult Football Section are having a fundraising Golf Classic in Old Conna G.C. on Fri. 4th. July 2014. Tee-off from 1.00pm to 4.20pm. To sponsor a hole, €100, to enter a team of four, €300 per team and includes dinner. Special offer if you enter a team and sponsor a hole for €350. Contact Patsy Greene 086-1211802 or Ciaran Irwin 087-7959881.
- Well done to the Dublin Senior hurlers and Cuala players against Wexford last Saturday in Leinster Championship. Man of the match performance from Paul Schutte aided and abetted by little (big) brother Mark who suffered a shoulder injury and had to depart the filed of play after 5 minutes. Colm Cronin did very well on his competitive debut. Congrats also to David Treacy who scored a fine point and to panelists Cian O’Callaghan, Oisin Gough and Simon Timlin.
- This Saturday sees Dublin Minors trying to emulate their senior counterparts when they play Wexford in Parnell Park in the Semi Final, throw-in 3pm. Good luck to Con O’Callaghan and Jake Malone. Next Wednesday sees the under 21s playing their semi final against Westmeath in Cusack Park, Mullingar. Good luck to Cian and Colm and keeper Sean Brennan.
Enjoy the games !