https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2014-06-12 22:06:372014-06-12 22:06:37Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Exams nearly over and the World Cup nearly started – sure it’ll have to do until the GAA Championship action really gets going :
- With so many Cuala juvenile camogie players at present the future is looking very bright for the club and next Tuesday 17th June will be a particularly significant milestone in Cuala’s return to adult camogie. This year’s minor panel, with the strong support of our U16s and a number of ex-Cuala / new adult players, play our first adult camogie game in almost 7 years, when we take on Liffey Gaels in the Phoenix Park in the opening round of this years Adult Summer Cup competition. The achievement of playing our first adult camogie competitive game since 2008 will be the culmination of almost 10 years hard work and dedication of our current group of minors – well done to all concerned. We play Round Towers the following Tuesday 24th in Meadowvale at 7.30pm in our first home game. All support is encouraged for this game so put it in the diary – our girls deserve it!
- Dublin senior hurlers start on their 2014 championship campaign on Saturday against Wexford in Wexford Park at 7pm. Best wishes to Colm Cronin, Mark and Paul Schutte, David Treacy, Simon Timlin, Oisin Gough and Cian O’Callaghan.
- Cuala 1999?s Mentor, Eamonn McGuirk (or ‘Rog’ as he is affectionately known ) and his work colleagues in ISS Facilities Ireland are going to Hell and Back in support of the juvenile cancer charity Aoibheann’s Pink Tie and they are looking for your support. Its a challenging event for a great cause. Read more on the Cuala site here https://cualagaa.ie/2014/06/eamonn-is-going-to-hell-and-back-and-needs-your-help/
- Thanks to all those who came down for a fun filled Lotto Re-launch party last Saturday. The numbers drawn were 14 24 15 16 and the big prize wasn’t won so next week’s jackpot will be €12100. Our three lucky dip winners were Brendan Golden, Edel Boland and Eamon McGuirk. Tickets available online at https://cualagaa.ie/lotto-2/
- We have organised a Centra Hurling skills camp morning for Sat 14th June in Dalkey. The two Star hurling legends we have lined up to coach skills are Séan Og O Halpin of Cork and John Mullane of Waterford. This is for the 6 to 12 age group and will be on from 10 am sharp to 1 pm. This should be a very enjoyable morning.
- There are application forms available from local participating stores which are: Centra Barnhill stores, Centra Ballybrack, Centra O Haras at Glenagery Roundabout, Centra Cabinteely, Centra Rushes, Lower Killmacud Road, Centra Cronins, Newtownpark Ave, Blackrock. There are a limited number of places and there is no cost for the participants as it is sponsored by the above Centra stores who will provide goody bags etc. Forms etc are on the best GAA website in Dublin ( hint ours ! )
- Hard luck to senior footballers who were beaten in a thriller in Shankill by a tough Fingal Ravens in the league on Wednesday last. 4 points separated the sides, an opportunistic goal being the vital score early in the second half.
All for this week