https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png 0 0 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Webmaster2011-02-17 23:53:272011-05-07 18:15:25Cuala Weekly News
National league has started – the lights are on – Croker is open , here we go:
- The Cuala cookies sold out in record time last Saturday at the childrens training sessions. Thanks to everyone for your support. The U15 girls will be out again this Saturday so bring along 50 cent or a euro for a tasty, healthy snack after training.The Juvenile Girls Sponsored Walk will take place this Saturday at 12 noon or 2pm (two departure times to accommodate all the teams). The girls will walk from the Cuala clubhouse to Dun Laoghaire pier and back. Give them a wave and thank you for your support of these teams.
- Attention Quiz junkies – the 2001 age group will hold a table quiz on Fri 4th march in Cuala bar.
- Good luck to the U9 hurlers who will be officially representing Cuala for the first time in League action against Faughs at Thomastown on Saturday morning.
- The U13 group are travelling 50+ strong to Croke Park on Saturday to see Jedward and a couple of matches involving last year’s All Ireland Champions Tipperary and Cork against their hopeful successors in 2011, Dublin and Dublin.
- The U14 Joint is Jumpin’. The 1997 Boys & Girls teams have organised a joint (giant?) Disco to raise funds for their Feile endeavours. The “Feile Fundraising Social” on Friday in the Hall from 8 to 11pm. Some tickets are still available from Age Group reps.
- The U16A’s beat Ballyboden 0-9 to 0-7 on Tuesday night under lights in Sancta Maria to make it 2 wins out of 2. The U16B’s take on Castleknock B’s in Shankill on Saturday at 2:30.
- The Minor Section have come up with a novel fundraising idea. They’re running a competition called “Last Man Standing” . All you gave to do is pick a winning team each week in the Barcley’s Soccer Premier League. If you pick wrong you’re out! if you’re correct you survive to play the following week. The catch, you cannot pick the same team twice!!! So eventually you’re forced to pick the weaker teams in the League. “Last Man Standing” collects the prizemoney. It’s simple to enter and costs €10, just fill in the form attached and give it to a Minor/U16 Mentor OR leave your completed form and entry fee in an envelope behind the bar by Friday 11th March. You simple email or TEXT in your team each week. Results will be posted on the Cuala website each week so you can see who’s still left in the running.
- Cuala Members Called to the Bar! The Cuala Bar offers members a cosy environment in convivial company – ideal for meetings, chat, social gatherings, after-match analysis and (hopefully) celebrations. It’s a fantastic facility, well worth maintaining for our members’ enjoyment. But we need YOUR help to keep it viable. The Bar Committee is seeking volunteers to do ocassional shifts – especially during midweek. If you are in a position to offer your service – for just one evening per month – please let us know. No previous experience is necessary as we’ll give you full training and support.Contact: Ciaran Irwin firstname.lastname@example.org 085 2571034
- The Football Junior 3 and 4 team combined are playing in a 3 team tournament in Foxrock on Saturday with Kilmacud Crokes and Brussels Gaels from Belgium ably led by one Owen Sheanon.
- All 4 football teams commence their league campaigns on the following weekend so full attendance at training next week is required.
- Our adult section ran a very successful table quiz in the Cuala hall last Friday night. Well done to all involved in organising the event and thank you to all those who supported.
- The 2011 Season begins for the Senior Hurlers in the Boland Cup on Sunday away to Crumlin at 11am. They also have a play-off match on Tuesday night at 7.15 Vs Na Fianna on Thomas Davis all-weather pitch, Kiltipper Road.All support welcome.
All for this week – slán.
Cuala Club Communications