Hello Cuala Patrons
June Weekend, Ladies Mini Marathon and exams looming – now where is the sun?
- A fantastic weekend for Cuala was topped off by our U16 Footballers who brought the first Championship of the year back to the club on Saturday. They overcame a spirited Craobh Ciaran by 2-13 to 1-06 to land the Dublin B Championship in style.
- Well done to all the 2005 Boys who played in The Ballyboden Hurling blitz on Sunday. The Cuala Cheetahs won their competition and the Tigers narrowly lost their final in a really close contest. Fantastic commitment and skill displayed by the boys and all the hard work in training is paying off. It was great to see so much support and thanks to all the parents who helped on the day.
- On Saturday the Under 13A girls Football team had an excellent win over Lucan in their Division 1 fixture. On Sunday morning the Under 13A girls Camogie team came from 4 points down in the second half to draw with Good Counsel in their Division 1 Top 4 Camogie fixture. On Monday evening the Under 13B girls football team had an excellent win over Ballyboden in their Division 5 match with great performances all round.
- The Junior ‘A’s are in hurling Championship action versus Scoill UI Chonaill in Shankill on Wednesday June 4th at 7:30pm all support welcome.
- Good win for Dublin under 21 hurlers against Laois in last night’s Leinster Quarter Final at Parnell Park on a 1.17 to 1.10 scoreline. Outstanding performance from Colm Cronin in particular. Colm scored 1.3 from play. Well done to Colm, Cian O’Callaghan who played at full back and Sean Brennan who was sub-keeper. Cian is also named as Dublin’s Bord Gais U21 hurling Ambassador.
- Adult Football Section of Cuala GAA club is embarking on a major fundraising drive. One of these fundraising initiatives will be a Golf Classic in Old Conna G.C. on Fri. 4th. July 2014. Tee-off from 1.00pm to 4.20pm. You can support this event in a number of ways:
- By entering a team.
- Advertising your firm by sponsoring a hole for €100.
- Sponsor the ‘Longest Drive’ & ‘Nearest the pin’ competition.
- Make a financial contribution to the prize fund.
- Donate a prize for the raffle.
The fee will be €300 per team of four to include golf and dinner. Special offer: Enter a team and sponsor a hole for €350.
- Each year Cuala manages a water-station at the Ladies Mini Maratho. This year is no different and many of us will be out in force on Monday with the Montrose water-station. If you want to lend a hand – be in Cuala at 10:15 on Monday morning .
Enjoy the long weekend!