https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2014-05-15 21:53:182014-05-15 21:54:19Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Féile hurling for the boys and its championship action time for the footballers this weekend :
- Congratulations to 1998 girls Billie Kate Huggard and Hannah O Dea who played starring roles for Dublin in beating Meath in the Leinster Under 16A football championship final in Athy on Sunday. Huggard scored 3 vital points from play when the game was finely balanced whilst O’Dea played a hard working and dynamic role at midfield. On to the All Ireland semi final now!
- The season of Feile activity comes to a conclusion this weekend .. it’s Hurling Feile time with our Under 14As in Division 1 action at Ballyboden (Pairc ui Mhurchu) and the U14Bs in Division 6 at Erin go Bragh at Hunters Run. The As are up against Ballyboden, Kilmacud Crokes and Lucan Sarsfields whilst the Bs take on Ballyboden B and Erin go Bragh. Group games are on Saturday morning – support for both squads will be very welcome. Throw in times are 10:30,11:30 and 12:30 for the As at Ballyboden and 1130 and 1230 for the Bs at Erin go Bragh.
- U16 footballers in Dublin B Championship final against Craobh Ciarain. The lads have scored 14 goals and 40 points in three matches to this point, including 3-17 against a much vaunted Kilmacud team. The final is at 12:30pm on Saturday 24th at Blakestown Road.
- The countdown is now well and truly on for Cuala’s long awaited return to adult camogie. Team applications for the adult camogie Summer Cup are due shortly with games expected to start in early June. This year’s minor and U16 teams, supported by a number of ex-Cuala senior camogie players will form the panel. While a number of ex-adult players have now returned to training with the Minors, we are still on the look out for more adult players to add further experience to the team. Training is on Tuesday evenings in Meadowvale from 7.30pm to 8.45pm. If you or anyone you know might be interested please contact Fintan Quill (086-8197352). We also intend to run some ‘camogie for beginners’ sessions for those of any age over 16 who have never played or who haven’t played for a number of years. Again, if you or anyone you know might be interested please contact Fintan Quill.
- Adult football action this weekend – Senior footballers meet Na Fianna in O’Toole Park on Saturday at 6:45pm while the second team meet Ballyboughal on Sunday at 11 in Ballyboughal, and the 3rd team play St.Bridgets at 3pm Sunday in Russell Park.
The adult football section is running a 2014 World Cup Football Forecast. The first prize is €500 and coupons are available behind the bar and from all adult footballers and mentors. The section greatly appreciates the sponsorship received from Gerry Kelly of DVDSALES.ie.
- All 3 Cuala Adult Hurling Teams won their Championship matches last weekend! Our Senior team overcame St. Vincents 2-18 to 2-14 on Friday to go top of their group and guarantee a place in the knock-out stages. The 2nd team are through to the next round of the Junior A Hurling Championship after a 2-16 to 1-8 win over St. Marks and our 3rd team capped off a wonderful weekend with a 2-14 to 1-9 win over Na Fianna in the Junior D Championship. There are Match reports and Photos on the Cuala Website.
- Another big week for the Ladies Footballers with the first team in Championship and the second team playing cup. The first team travelled to Lucan for their first match in championship. The match was neck and neck until the last few minutes when Lucan got two goals straight after each other to bring them out in top by 4 points at the final whistle. The second team where home against Star of Erin with both teams evenly matched with great defensive work from backs Orla McMahon, Sarah Gregan and Staci Kennedy holding off the many attacks. An improved display saw Roisin McConnell sealing the deal and scoreline finishing up 1goal 4 points to 3 points.
- Well done to the Minor girls on a terrific display against league leaders Parnells in Meadowvale on Wednesday last. Cuala put in a tremendous battling performance making the visitors have to really work all the way to win the 2 points. The girls play their final league game next Monday away to Naomh Barrog in Kilbarrack at 7.30pm. A win secures runners up spot in Division 3, a brilliant achievement if we can do it.
- A watch was found on the Shanganagh pitch last night (Tue 14th). Almost all the adult footballers were training on the top pitch. A key ring with two keys was also found in the car park.Please contact Chris on 086-8594687 if you think you know the (un)fortunate owner.
- The Cuala shop is getting ready for the summer weather by having a T-Shirt Sale this Saturday. With limited stock available come early so as not to be disappointed. Don’t forget Father’s Day is coming soon so if you are looking to get organised with the prefect gift this could be for you.
- Good luck to Con O’Callaghan and Donal Lane who line out for the Dublin Minors in the championship on Saturday against Meath in Parnell Park. Con is the captain.
- Finally well done to Nessan Fitzgerald on winning an All Ireland boxing crown in the 66Kg category last weekend.
All for this week