https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2014-04-24 21:34:052014-04-24 21:34:05Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Championship action already for our senior hurlers with a first round victory – just:
- Senior Hurlers had a hard won victory over Parnells in Parnell Park last night with a 1-point victory. It came down to the last puc of the game from a sideline, and like his fellow county-man Joe Canning does regularly, Barry Connolly sent it straight over the bar. Next up will be St.Vincents so plenty hard work to be done. See match report on the website.
- Good luck to the four Cuala players who line out for Dublin in the Leinster Under 16 Camogie finals in Fenagh, Carlow on Sunday. First up its Blaithin Lane and Hannah O’Dea for the U16B squad who face Meath at 12 and then its Sinead Murphy and Clodagh Sheehan for the U16As who play Offaly at 130.
- Advance notice of the Boys Football “Feile Peil na nOg” which will be next weekend, May 3rd and 4th. The Under 14Bs are away in St Annes Park whilst the Under 14As will be hosting their group at Thomastown. Whilst the 2000s group are putting the finishing touches to their preparations for the first of their 2 Feile weekends, the 2001s (under 13s) as is now the tradition, are hard at work looking after all of the preparations for the hosting at Thomastown. More details next week.
- Minor A footballers were well beaten on the scoreboard by Na Fianna in Wednesday’s first division match at Mobhi Road; the scoreline didn’t however tell the full story. Missing at least 6 players we put in a good day’s work. Darragh Spillane and Enda Kelly performed very well. Gavin Hartnett was another to show well. The lads are out again on Sunday against Clontarf at 11 am in Dalkey so if anyone’s looking for a good morning’s entertainment they know where to go.
- Dublin minor footballers started out on their 2104 campaign with a good win over a very good Longford team in Pearse Park Longford last Saturday. Con O’Callaghan captained the team and ended up with 1-7 out of a 2-11 to 0-14 scoreline. This Saturday sees the minor hurlers take on the Cats at 3pm in Nowlan Park in the Leinster quarter final and our best wishes go to Con and Jake Malone in an unchanged Dublin team.
- If you are in the market for a car, Toyota dealers in Dublin are offering €5000 to the club whose members take the most test drives between April 21st and 17th May. Cuala’s assigned dealer is Carroll & Kinsella in Blackrock, (test drives taken at other Toyota dealers will not count). This is a significant sum and could be very easy money for the club to pick up if we mobilise our members. Parents of child members can take the test drive on their child’s behalf. Details can be found here:
- The Adult Football section are running a fundraising Sports Quiz this Saturday in the club at 8pm. Tables of 4 people for €40. A great chance to pit your wits against some sports-knowledge heavyweights Dessie Cahill and Mick Kennedy.
- Don’t forget about the Cuala Golf Classic, dedicated to memory of Mick Holdenm MAy 2nd in Glen of the Downs. Details are here: https://cualagaa.ie/2014/04/adult-hurling-golf-classic/
We would like to thank the following people for their generous sponsorship: Cormac Devlin, Donna Pierce, Patricia Stewart and James McCann
All for this week