https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2014-04-18 20:58:072014-04-18 20:58:07Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Season now in full flight, Easter round the corner and finally some warm weather has arrived. Lots of news for you this week:
- Congratulations to the Cuala 2000 girls who were magnificent last weekend in this year’s Dublin Football Feile. While their journey ultimately ended in heartbreak it was a fantastic weekend. On Saturday in Naomh Mearnog, the girls topped their Group, winning all 3 games and then won an exciting semi final the hard way vs. St. Sylvesters by a point. On Sunday they faced hot favourites Naomh Mearnog in the final and were terribly unlucky to lose in the cruelest of fashions. 2 points down entering the closing minutes the girls grabbed a goal to put them 1 point ahead only to be beaten by a goal on the final whistle. Despite the disappointment it was a hugely positive experience for the girls and they did the club proud. Well done to concerned. A special thank you to all those from all sections of the club who supported the girls in great numbers on both Saturday and Sunday. We do it all again the weekend after next in the Dublin Camogie Feile. Good luck girls!
- The Cuala ‘Gaelic for Mothers & Others’ had their first game of the season last week with a great victory over Stars of Erin in Glencullen. It was a super performance particularly as many of the Cuala team were playing in their first game against another club. With a win under their belts the game has whetted the appetite and we hope to organise some more challenge games in the near future. The team train on Wednesdays in the Hall at 9pm. New members more than welcome. Please contact Cliona 086-8252493 or Fintan 086-8197352.
- Cuala U13A Camogie team played a very exciting match against Good Counsel on Sunday last. It required a well worked point in injury time to get Cuala a draw which keeps them in second place in Division 1. The U13B Camogie team played Kilmacud Crokes in Division 4 but despite playing well they lost.
- The Adult Footballers continued their great start to the year at the weekend, with all 4 teams picking up 2 points. This is the 3rd time in 4 league weekends that all 4 teams have come away with wins. The 1st and 3rd teams had good wins in Hyde Park on Saturday evening against St. Peregrines and Naomh Barrog respectively, to keep both on top of the tables with 4 wins from 4. The 2nd team had a long way to travel Sunday morning away to Garristown but came back with a hard fought win. The 4th team received a walkover on Sunday as St James Gaels failed to field a team. Match reports on the website and photos in the Gallery here https://picasaweb.google.com/CualaGAA/AFL2VPeregrines# and here https://picasaweb.google.com/CualaGAA/AFL9VNaomhBarrog#
- Congratulations to Con O’Callaghan on being named Dublin Minor Football captain for 2014. This is the 3rd year in a row that a Cuala man has captained a Dublin Minor team. (Sean Treacy and Cian O’Callaghan being hurling captains in ’13 and ’12 respectively). Good luck to Con and to Donal Lane who line out with the Dublin minors against Longford in Mullingar on Saturday.
Last Sunday, saw Dublin Minor hurlers start their Leinster Championship campaign with a solid 0.16 to 0.11 win against Wexford. Both Jake Malone and Con O’Callaghan putting in good displays. Older members in Cuala will be pleased to know that Mick Morrissey and Colm O’Leary who both hurled for and won Championships with Cuala are alive and kicking. Both were spotted supporting Wexford at the game.
- Last week saw the Minor A footballers come away with a draw from their Division 1 league encounter against St Vincents in Hyde Park. We were in control for most of the match but the concession of late scores saw Vincents deservedly get a point. Good performances from Jack Lehart and Dara Collopy in particular.
Minor A hurlers had a strong win over St.Judes last Sunday in the Hurling league with great scoing from Tom Sheehan (1-3), a young Fionn O’Drisceoil (1-1) and Shane Murphy (2-3). Our Minor B hurlers are top of their League following their win over Lucan Sarsfields (read the match report here https://cualagaa.ie/2014/04/scintillating-second-half-goal-blitz-sees-minor-b-hurlers-go-top/
- Well done again to the Ladies Minor team who put on great team display to beat Naomh Perigrines 6-17 to 2-3 on Monday night. Their next match is on the 28th of April at home to Whitehall.
- With the US Masters fresh in the memory, did you ever wonder if you are could be the next Bubba Watson, unschooled, unorthodox, cool, humble but clinical on the greens? Well discover your true potential and enter the Cuala Golf Classic on Friday May 2nd in Glen of the Downs. Details on the website.
Sin a bhfuil