https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2014-04-04 16:57:472014-04-04 17:09:55Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
CWN a bit late this week due to web-gremlins. Its the Award Night on Saturday night – dont miss it!
- We extend our deepest sympathies to Hugo McCann and family this week following the passing of Hugh’s wife Francis.Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.
- Well done to Billie Kate Huggard and Hannah O’Dea who played for Dublin Under 16 footballers last weekend in their win over Laois. This week it’s Meath on Sunday – good luck to the girls in that.
- Good luck to Cuala’s Cormac Spain, Diarmuid O Floinn, Kevin Kirwan, Michael Conroy and Liam Murphy who are on the South Dublin Colleges Juvenile hurling squad who face their North Dublin counterparts in the Leinster final in O Toole Park on Friday at 2pm. Both Dubs teams overcame Kilkenny opposition in the semi finals so the future is looking good for hurling in the capital! The team is coached by Cuala senior hurler Cian Waldron.
- It’s Championship time for our U16 footballers and a double header to savour at Shanganagh Park tomorrow Saturday. Our A team take on St Peregrines while our B’s are up against St Mary’s. Both games throw in at 3-30 and all support is welcome.
- The u15 girls continued their winning ways in both the Dublin Camogie and Football leagues last weekend when they ecorded a hard fought win over a strong Scoil Ui Chonaill side with a scoreline of 4-3 to 3-4 which leaves them in second position in the footbal league table with a game in hand. They remain top of the table in Camogie having won all their matches to date beating St. Annes last Sunday.
- With this year’s Feile competitions fast approaching, the draw for the 2000 girls football and camogie groups were made this week. First up is Football, the weekend of Saturday 12th April. Cuala are playing in Division 4 of 7 and have been drawn against Lucan Sarsfields, Na Fianna B and Foxrock Cabinteely B. Cuala’s games will be played in Naomh Mearnog. The girls play Foxrock Cabinteely this Friday in Meadowvale at 6.30pm in their final game before Feile. The girls are currently on a roll with 3 wins and 1 draw in their last 4 games. The Camogie Feile is on the weekend of Saturday 26th April. Cuala play in Division 2 of 5 and are drawn in the most ‘saintly’ of groups against Naomh Brid, Naomh Jude and Naomh Mearnog. Cuala’s group games will be played in Thomas Davis. The girls play Raheny away this Saturday and currently lead Division 2 in the league with 5 wins out of 5. Best wishes over the next few weeks to all involved.
- Good luck to the Cuala minor camogie team who play Bray Emmets in a crucial league game this Sunday at 11am in Thomastown. This is the final game of the first round of league matches prior to the break for exams. Cuala head Division 2 with a maximum 12 points after 6 rounds. Bray Emmets are in second place on 10 points. If you’re in the vicinity on Sunday morning you’re encouraged to drop in to give the girls your support.
- Senior Hurler’s had a good win against Faughs in the Senior League while the second hurlers lost out to St Maurs and the third hurlers had a great win over O’Tooles. Great to see Niall O’Dowd back in competitive action for the senior hurlers against Faughs for the first time in almost a year after recovering from a cruciate ligament injury sustained in the 2013 Senior Hurling Championship.
- This weekend the Senior Hurlers play St Pats Palmerstown in Shankill on Saturday at 6pm while the second team play Good Counsel on Sunday in Shankill at 11am and the the third team play Raheny also in Shankill at 3pm. All three games are at home so would be great to see a big Cuala support out for the games.
- Thanks to all who participated in the Cuala CPR and defibrillator sessions last Saturday morning in Hyde road. The feedback was very positive. Everyone was surprised at how easy it was to make such a huge difference. Please keep an eye out for future CPR courses which will be announced soon.
- The coaching section has announced details of the Easter Summer camp. Academy to U12 players will be in Hyde Rd. Football Mon 14th to Thu 17th April and Hurling Tue 22nd to Fri 25th April. The Advanced camp (U13-U15s) will be in Thomastown Rd. Hurling Tue 15th – Thu 17th April and Football Tue 22nd – Thu 24 April. Forms can be found on the website
- Best of luck to Dan Keating adult footballer and hurler who is emigrating to Canada next week.
Hope to see you all Saturday night – slán.