Hello Cuala Patrons
Nearly time for the clocks to go forward and a welcome return to long evenings and grass pitches :
- Well done to the U15 girls who won both their football and camogie games last weekend. The team remain unbeaten this season.
- Congratulations too to the Ladies Minor Football team who had a great win against Naomh Barrog’s last Saturday. The girls put in a great team effort to win 4-3 to 1-5.
- Minor hurlers had a good home win versus Naomh Fionnbarra in the Division 1 league. Minor A and B football teams are both in action against Kilmacud Crokes at 11 am on Sunday in Silver Park. Support welcome in what should be full blooded encounters against our local rivals.
- Colaiste Eoin are on the road again this weekend. Saturday sees them play reigning All Ireland champions St Patrick’s Maghera in Pairc Esler, Newry in the All Ireland Colleges A semi-final at 2pm. The Colaiste panel has a large contingent of Cuala players in the team and there is a lot of Cuala interest and support for the team. Likely starters are Con O’Callaghan, Dara Collopy, Eoin O’Naoire, Luke O’Goillain, Sean Dowling and captain Cillian Sheanon. We wish them the very best of luck.
- Dublin senior hurlers are also on the road this weekend. Sunday sees them travel to Walsh Park in Waterford for a vital relegation play off. They were well beaten by the same opposition 3 weeks ago and will have to lift themselves up from the disappointment of losing out to Tipperary last Sunday in a game they could afford to lose by two points and still qualify for the league play offs; unfortunately they were beaten by three points and now find themselves in a match they must win to retain their division 1 status. Best of luck to Club members Cian O’Callaghan, Colm Cronin, Simon Timlin, David Treacy and Mark Schutte.
- Last Sunday, for the second time this year, all 4 of the Adult Football teams were victorious. The 1st and 3rd teams continued their 100% records and table topping form with wins over Ballinteer St. Johns in AFL2 and Oliver Plunketts ER in AFL9 respectively. The 2nd team had a hard fought win against the local rivals Kilmacud Crokes in Glenabyn for 2 wins out of 3 so far this year. An even better win given that the Crokes team had just come down to AFL5 from AFL4 and our 2nds are newly promoted into AFL5. The 4th team are also going well with 2 wins out of 3 in AFL10 South, beating Lucan Sarsfields on Sunday. This is the first year Cuala have fielded 4 teams in league football, so a big congratulations to all involved and a huge thank you to all the supporters that came out on Sunday – especially given that 3 of the 4 teams were away from home.
- Don’t forget the Cuala Awards night on 5th April. Tickets still available – just contact your sections or email me here.
- Lastly, everyone should know what you can do in the event that someone collapses with cardiac arrest. Demonstrations of CPR and the use of the AED will take place in the Hall pm Satruday 29th March from 10am to 12 noon. Please come and observe this vital life skill.
All for this week