https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2014-03-21 19:56:432014-03-21 19:56:43Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
There seem to be a few border incursions in the news currently and we have a few of our own to report:
- Plenty of ‘cross border’ action this week with a Cuala U14 Hurling selection playing a Kilcoole/Eire Og selection in Greystones last night. A tight and competitive game was played out on a superb surface under lights.
- On Sunday our U16 Girls (1998s) play in a novel football fixture in Meadow Vale at 4pm – a ‘Dublin’ Division 1 League game against the girls of St Patricks from Wicklow Town. The Cuala girls will have their work cut out to pick up their first points of the season against the Wicklow girls.
- Well done to the Cuala representatives on the Dublin Under 16 camogie squads who have qualified from their respective groups in the Leinster camogie championships. Hannah O Dea and Blaithin Lane have been starring for the U16B squad who are now in a Leinster semi final whilst Clodagh Sheehan and Sinead Murphy have been formidable in goal and in defence as the U16A squad qualified for the Leinster final against Offaly in a few weeks. Both squads will also be in action in the All Ireland series later in the year.
- This week is Cardiac Awareness Week in Cuala. Full details are here: https://cualagaa.ie/2014/03/cardiac-arrest-awareness-week
- The Dublin Hurlers are certainly doing their bit for National League excitement with a good win last Saturday against an impressive and regenerating Kilkenny team. Next Sunday’s match versus Tipperary is crucial to the Dub’s hopes of qualification for the knock out stages of the National League. Match is at 2pm in Semple Stadium with Simon Timlin named at corner back and Colm Cronin in midfield.
- Saturday 5th April is the awards night in Cuala Hall. This is our annual event where we honour those who have contributed greatly to the club over the past year and generally celebrate our club. If you need tickets – email me here or contact a section representative.
Sin a bhfuil