https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2014-03-06 22:11:122014-03-06 22:11:12Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
While Club games are only just getting going, the schools and colleges have been busy in the Borough :
- Cuala were winners of one of the most prestigious awards, the Medium Size Club of the Year Award, at The Dublin Camogie County Board Annual Awards presentation last Saturday night. The award is a great achievement for the club and another significant milestone in the continued rejuvenation of Cuala camogie
- Great win for the under 15 camogie team who held a strong Kilcoole team scoreless in Hyde Park last Sunday. The u15s have now won their 2 opening matches of the league campaign.
- Date for your diary: Adult Hurlers Golf Classic, Friday May 2nd. Glen of the Downs. So start making your plans and assembling your teams.
- Good performance from the minor A footballers in their first Division One league match this year against a strong Ballymun team. Although beaten on a 1-17 to 3-9 scoreline there were many positives to take out of the match. Jake Malone and Darragh Spillane were Cuala’s top performers, Darragh scoring 2-4 in an excellent display. Dara Collopy and Jack Lehart deserve mention for their performances as well.
- All roads lead to Croke Park this Saturday. Colaiste Eoin play Marist Athlone in the Leinster Colleges Final at 5 pm followed by the Dublin seniors against Kildare in the National League at 7pm. Cuala will have 14 players on the Colaiste Eoin panel, including likely starters Con O’Callaghan, Eoghan O Naoire , Dylan Treacy, Sean Dowling, Cillian Sheanon and Luke O’Giollain. Best of luck to them all.
- Congratulations to UCD on their inter varsity Freshers hurling victory in yesterday’s final against Carlow IT. UCD were backboned by Cuala’s Cian O’Callaghan, Sean Brennan and Colm Cronin. Hard luck to Ros Tierney who gave a battling performance for Carlow IT.
- Best of luck to Dublin senior hurlers who travel to Walsh Park on Sunday to play Waterford in a vital Division One National League match. Cian O’Callaghan, Simon Timlin, Colm Cronin, David Treacy and Mark Schutte feature in the panel in a must win game
- Annual club Registration is now past due. If you haven’t paid, please do so and relieve mentors of the additional hassle of having to chase down. Remember didnt pay- cant play.
All for this week